All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

its gone pop....again

<< < (8/20) > >>

E30m3:
Ben im near Houghton on the Hill, but am at other places in Leicester sometimes, most of the time however im in Lutterworth or London.

You say you car was serviced 8 weeks ago, if it is a coilpack, ask was it not possible to spot the fault at service?

I hope the dealer sorts you and looks after you under goodwill.

Also i wouldn't worry too much, i think the service dept now at Leicester VW is alot better than before, but i would not touch Leicestr VW's sales dept across the road. Hopefully Ben it should be cheap fix with no major worries or cost ! :)

I always use Arthur prince now for any work, maybe far and there courtesy cars are a bit long, but they have proper customer service and qaulity work.

about the Window , you can get it replaced on your insurance for whatever the windowscreen excess is, mines was £50 direct line.

If your not sure ring your insurance company and tell them where an you get your windscreen fixed .

again Ben hope it all goes well with minimum of hassle and cost.

Raj.

vRStu:
I wouldn't think it would be seen at service and wouldn't have been damaged as a result of service unless the plugs were changed.

They are simply coils that can, and do, break down and fail.  When they fail they can draw a lot of current which is what causes the small fires.

As the pics that Steve posted show, if the coil manages to burn enough to catch the engine cover then that's when your problems will start.

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: vRStu on November 12, 2008, 05:28:32 pm ---As the pics that Steve posted show, if the coil manages to burn enough to catch the engine cover then that's when your problems will start.

--- End quote ---

....So changing the stock plastic engine cover (with fat flammable panel filter inside!) to one such as the aluminium EVOMS one might just reduce the spread of a coilpack fire?

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 12, 2008, 05:52:06 pm ---
--- Quote from: vRStu on November 12, 2008, 05:28:32 pm ---As the pics that Steve posted show, if the coil manages to burn enough to catch the engine cover then that's when your problems will start.

--- End quote ---

....So changing the stock plastic engine cover (with fat flammable panel filter inside!) to one such as the aluminium EVOMS one might just reduce the spread of a coilpack fire?

--- End quote ---

Yes it would Red but it is very rare for that to happen, thats like saying if i wrap my fuel tank in kevlar will this reduce explosions.  :chicken:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on November 12, 2008, 07:03:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 12, 2008, 05:52:06 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes it would Red but it is very rare for that to happen, thats like saying if i wrap my fuel tank in kevlar will this reduce explosions.  :chicken:

--- End quote ---

....Hushhhhh!! You'll be giving Hurdy more ideas for carbonfibre! :evilgrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version