All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

its gone pop....again

<< < (2/20) > >>

MAT ED30:
have you checked your oil and your coolant

182_blue:

--- Quote from: The wheel man on November 11, 2008, 07:24:09 pm ---Can you believe that my warranty ran out on Saturday  :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

If the cat is knackered then it could mean a Miltek!  (trying to look on the bright side)

If its really bad news then i will try and get the dealers to help with the cost.......

Do you think it could be anything to do with the fuel??

--- End quote ---

Hope they help you out on that one

The wheel man:
serviced just 8 weeks ago.  Very low oil usage as i do very steady driving and rarely take it above 3K  Used to check it frequently but it never moved......

MAT ED30:

--- Quote from: The wheel man on November 11, 2008, 07:29:38 pm ---serviced just 8 weeks ago.  Very low oil usage as i do very steady driving and rarely take it above 3K  Used to check it frequently but it never moved......

--- End quote ---

go check levels fella. what type of smoke was it? burning smell or like steam?

The wheel man:

--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on November 11, 2008, 07:31:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: The wheel man on November 11, 2008, 07:29:38 pm ---serviced just 8 weeks ago.  Very low oil usage as i do very steady driving and rarely take it above 3K  Used to check it frequently but it never moved......

--- End quote ---

go check levels fella. what type of smoke was it? burning smell or like steam?

--- End quote ---

Definatly burning, i can still smell it now....... and it was coming from under the engine cover (left side) but none came out when i took off the oil cap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version