All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

its gone pop....again

<< < (16/20) > >>

182_blue:
hmm, not good, has anyone with an 08 car had these issues?

T88OMM:
Sorry to hear this matey, hope it all gets sorted  :happy2:

The wheel man:

--- Quote from: 08micsta on November 18, 2008, 10:02:12 am ---Thats not good at all. On the other hand be happy they not replacing the entire engine though like we had with another member a while ago. . . Good luck this time

--- End quote ---

At least i would know its not going to go wrong anytime soon.  I cant afford to spend £50 having my car delivered to the dealers each tiome a coil pack goes wrong......

Lets hope they do the right thing!!  Fingers crossed all please!!

RedRobin:
^^^^

Establishing which coilpack has failed is, I'm told, a tricky process. The approach of trying one at a time step by step is not unreasonable. Not necessarily so convenient for the customer though, I grant you.

The wheel man:
VW just called, to say, i love you.    NO they diddnt, they called to say that coil pack number 1 has now failed and will NOT be covered under warranty.  They haver also advised that i pay to replace coilpacks 3 and 4 as they are likely to fail due to the extra load / stress the failure of number 2 and now number 1 packs has put through them.  Can you effin believe it!!!!

called VW customer services and explained my dissatisfaction and they will "look into the case and give a decission within 24 - 48 hrs (meaning that i am without a car till Monday as they do not ahve any curtesy cars available)  Thsi is a Joke, they know the problem is caused by a fault that was within warranty, fixed that problme without any advise that this could happen again and now want me to pay £190 to ahve 3 coilpacks replaced.

this is not what i expect from a VW and in now way can you call this customer service  more like customer disservice!!!!!

Anyone else had this problem??  Any suggestions how i can get the to pay for what i believe is a known (and avoidable) problem?

Ben

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version