All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

its gone pop....again

<< < (17/20) > >>

Top Cat:
Was your car ok for a while when you got it back from them or was the misfire there straight away.  :party:

RedRobin:

Why isn't coil pack #1 not covered under warranty?

vRStu:
I'd buy the replacement for the defective one for now and maybe one other as a spare to get yourself mobile and wait for VW to come back to you.

Oh and -

--- Quote from: vRStu on November 11, 2008, 11:33:42 pm ---If it's what I think it is then it's reasonably cheap.

I think you've had a coil pack burn out, it may mean having to replace another one too as they seem to go in pairs as for some reason a failing one stresses another.

I wouldn't drive it though.

--- End quote ---

candy turbo:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on November 18, 2008, 12:35:25 pm ---^^^^

Establishing which coilpack has failed is, I'm told, a tricky process. The approach of trying one at a time step by step is not unreasonable. Not necessarily so convenient for the customer though, I grant you.

--- End quote ---
  this sounds mad but you can smell them !!!!! i had one go on my mk 1 octavia only drove with it for about a mile ,( was close to dealers ) but i can easy see why if you drove any further they can catch fire , its an experiance worth having cause if one went on me now i would know what it was , only thing in the gti cant get stupid engine cover off  :sad:

tinydave:

--- Quote from: candy turbo on November 18, 2008, 09:17:06 pm --- only thing in the gti cant get stupid engine cover off  :sad:

--- End quote ---
here is a good DIY tip :happy2:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version