Make a donation

Author Topic: Xmas - games chair  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Xmas - games chair
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »
Posted topic other week - RC helicopter. Got some great advice and ended up getting one for my son.

Now the Mrs has come up with something else he wants.......a Gaming Chair. So looking for tips, anyone got one of know of a good one?

Looking around £100-tops £120. Not getting a £100 lazy Boy lol

Now I'm not keen on these chairs at all. Unless you spend serious money they seem really poor quality. Cheap speaker/cheap plastic....

This is the one she was loooking at........

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9003826/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7C14419738%7CGaming+chairs%7C14419739.htm
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
Re: Xmas - games chair
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:54:36 pm »
I had this one up until a few months back, gave it my neighbours lad as i never used it  :signLOL:

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/gaming/product/x-rocker-nitro-ultimate-adult-wireless-gaming-chair-2012/

Subwoofer on these and the cheaper 'non advanced' (£60ish from Costco) one is bloody good imo and the 2 top speakers are great for stuff like COD as you can hear which direction footsteps are coming from behind you..  :scared:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:02:54 pm »
Ooooooo gave it away......go get it back and send me your paypal  :signLOL:

He has a good TV and a 5.1 system, just think she will buy it and he will not use it that often. Don;t mind him gaming, but don;t want to encourage him to be glued to it.

Wireless < can it only be connected to consoles/items that have blue tooth?

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 11:18:16 pm »
You could have had it mate! Missus was sick of it sitting in the corner of the spare room  :signLOL:

I never bothered with the wireless tbh, it was never used enough to bother but it comes with a little wireless dongle thing and doesnt use Bluetooth, i just used the included red/white AV cables and the little lime green one into the back of the TV to get the sound coming out of the chair
You can either connect into the audio out of the TV or the games console but i just used the TV which gave the added bonus of having a great sound if you were using the chair to watch a DVD or normal TV etc  :happy2:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 11:28:21 pm »
Personally i'd go with this one if i bought again: http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/gaming/product/x-rocker-adult-pilot-gaming-chair/?gclid=CIODztq10KwCFaEhtAodVGiypQ

No Wireless but not an issue really imo as it takes 30 secs to plug the chair in anyway and its a good bit cheaper for when he goes back to sitting on the floor  :grin:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 12:12:35 am »
Might be a bit over your budget but just imagine....

It's $35,000. I'm not too sure bout the exchange rate but I think it more than your budget.

Offline MJR

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 12:45:53 pm »
I have a X-Rocker gaming chair and couldn't recommend it enough.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5660847/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/2%7C14419738%7CGaming+chairs%7C14419739.htm

The sound quality is amazing, specially the surround.
The chair is very comfy & can't seem to stop myself rocking back & forth on it, its addictive lol
I use it for watching TV/Movies, listening to music & playing games (pretty much everything lol)

Only 1 minor downside I found was, the connections part as its very easy to snap the cable sticking out the side of the chair (non wireless obviously), other than that I can't fault my chair in any way  :happy2:
Bye Bye VW Candy White Golf GTi  :'-(  (sadly missed!)
Bye Bye Ford Fiesta TDCi Zetec! (piece of s**t!) lol
Hello Honda Accord GT Tourer! schaweet!