Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk6 leave you cold?  (Read 3789 times)

Offline rob172cup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Mk6 leave you cold?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 01:06:12 pm »
im not keen on the exhaust positions on the mk6, i had been looking at cars around the 18k mark and decided there was better cars but when my brother put his mk5  up for sale at 9k i thought why waste money its a lovley car for the money and now i have it im starting to love it,  however the new R really does float my boat , ive not driven one but would really fancy one in a few years

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
Re: Mk6 leave you cold?
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 01:49:28 pm »
I owned a mk5 GTI for 5 years and have owned a mk6 GTI for a year and a half. Initially the mk6 seemed quieter but as soon as it got a few miles on it, it gets louder to similar levels as the mk5 is (I also drive a the mk5 from time to time). Don't feel much if any different to drive to me but then again same chassis they probably not alot in it apart from a few tweeks with ratings of anti-roll bars/springs/dampers. If anything the 6 seems more planted on its harder standard suspension over the 5. Cars fitted with ACC imo do seem to screw up the steering feel/weight.
Interior wise both my 5 & 6 had a sunroof and cloth interior and so are light and airy enough for me and no reall difference to me between them. I do find both 5 & 6 without, ie with dark leather and no sunroof a bit coal mine feeling. As for looks its a personal thing but i feel the 6 fits in with previous generations of GTI better than the 5 did but thats just a personal point of view.
As for rattles and squeeks both 5 & 6 when new suffered. I think i spent most of 2005-2010 on tyresmoke with RedRobin telling owners how to fix their rattles and squeeks on the 5. Then again on another forum for the 6 since then... But its the same with others, many owners have had non some owners have suffered badly. Some not so bad. I just am simply unlucky.....
Mine are/were simply daily driver so im not comparing modded or future modifications or power as they were bought as good standard alrounders.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:15:35 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.