Make a donation

Author Topic: Anybody used professional detailing service?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
Anybody used professional detailing service?
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:03:25 pm »
Hi Guys,

I was thinking of treating my 2008 gti to a professional detailing service including paint polish.... I plan to keep the car for next 6 years hence all the mods I invest in that would otherwise make no sense as we all know.

Did anybody use the profesional detailer? What were your impressions?

Cheers,
Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Anybody used professional detailing service?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:35:11 pm »
I think they're awesome! There's one in the northwest who's a right top geezer! :rolleye:

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »
I am based in Dublin but there is one officials Swiss vax seller and professional detailer who gets mad reviews.... My thought would be get detailer do it properly and then myself trying to keep it up....
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »
No dout they can do a good job but i think with a bit of time & effort & quality peoducts you can end up with a good result doing it you'r self.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:44:28 pm »
In all honesty, unless you have the time, money, space and expertise to do the job yourself, it's better to get it done elsewhere.

It's more rewarding to do it yourself but if you're starting off, then get it done properly. Means you have a good base and can keep the finish topped up.

I've used a pro detailer twice and the finish is far better than I can achieve with my car parked on a main road and having to deal with people, traffic, weather and dust.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.