Make a donation

Author Topic: Retro Fitting - Number of items  (Read 2705 times)

Offline GTI_Josh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Retro Fitting - Number of items
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:27:38 pm »
Hey Guys,

Currently on a Hunt for a perfect spec Mk5 Golf GTI Edition 30, My only problem is i seem to trouble from finding the one with all the extras on..

basicly i will state my "perfect" spec.

Edition 30
Bi-Xenons(with washers + Auto Level)
MFSW
Highline Computer
Cruise Control

i think thats pretty much it as the ED30 comes with 1/2 heated leather already.

basicly what im wanting to know is which of the above options is the cheapest/easiest to have retro fitted? the one which seems hardest to find is Xenon headlights, i have found a few which i would really like but dont have Xenons. grrr!

any info would be great and thank you in advance, i know all of the above can be retro fitted (unsure on the highline computer) but was wondering which i could knock off my list and move to the retro fit list =P

thanks  :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:33:03 pm by GTI_Josh »

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Retro Fitting - Number of items
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »
of the lot i'd make sure your ideal car has Xenons. the rest can be retrofitted easily
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline GTI_Josh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:34:29 pm »
is the highline dash expensive to retro?

i took some others off my origional post like the parking sensors / RNS150 because i know they can be done and the prices.

unsure on the programming costs etc for highline/MFSW

Offline GTI_Josh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 04:34:57 pm »
of the lot i'd make sure your ideal car has Xenons. the rest can be retrofitted easily

cheers for the speedy response too  :happy2:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:38:49 pm »
i only know about the DIS for the Audi A3 so i can't be any help there, sorry!

there are some very helpful ppl on here. no doubt you'll get a response soon.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 06:01:43 pm »
Xenons dude, thats it. The rest is retro fitted. You can obv retro fit xenons but then the car might not have headlight washers and the auto levelling wouldnt work...

If you get a car without a multifunction wheel thats easy to retro fit too, apparently on DSG cars its just a case of fitting the buttons onto the wheel and it works straight away, you dont even need any coding!

Highline dash is what im looking into at the mo, there is numerous types of clusters so you need to know the one you need. Hazy Days charge £360+VAT exchange and fitted for a Highline cluster.

Cruise is about £120 i think....
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 06:08:28 pm »
the highline can be loads, it all depends on if the controllers are the correct ones if not it can bump the cost up, but the ed30 should have most of them, cruise is easy as is the MFSW
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »
Id say,

Highline - £50 option from new but expensive to retro fit & a pita if your doing it yourself

Xenons - Ive retro fitted mine but far better to have the self levelling, washes etc as standard. (And if you can find one with it'll probably save you £££ too)

the rest is alot easier, i had cruise retrofitted for £105.00 & on the look out for MFSW

:smiley:

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
Xenons dude, thats it. The rest is retro fitted. You can obv retro fit xenons but then the car might not have headlight washers and the auto levelling wouldnt work...

If you get a car without a multifunction wheel thats easy to retro fit too, apparently on DSG cars its just a case of fitting the buttons onto the wheel and it works straight away, you dont even need any coding!

Highline dash is what im looking into at the mo, there is numerous types of clusters so you need to know the one you need. Hazy Days charge £360+VAT exchange and fitted for a Highline cluster.

I just retro fitted cruise for a grand total of £48 + 4 cans of Guinness for the coding.  :pomppomp:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 06:37:47 pm »

I just retro fitted cruise for a grand total of £48 + 4 cans of Guinness for the coding.  :pomppomp:

Happy days! Guinness though, i'd want paying to drink them, never mind offering them to seal the deal! Lol.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 06:38:06 pm »
I had fellow member eddie_nl retrofit cruise on my Ed30, think it cost me £90 all in, took him about an hour or so.

If I was you I would deffo want the Xenons (they are great!) and also the most expensive to retro-fit.

The rest is easy.

I was lucky my Ed30 had all the option boxes ticked except for Bluetooth and cruise (cruise retrofitted), Bluetooth not bothered about currently, but eddie did manage to get himself another sale for next year as he showed me his reversing camera using RNS510,  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline daveangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 06:54:37 pm »
Well I've retro'd all your list. The xenons would have been the key if I could have found a car with them on as the levellers and washers come with them! It was by far the most expensive on your list

Offline GTI_Josh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 09:25:18 am »
cheers for the info guys, great help  :happy2: now i wont be so anal about the spec being "perfect".

i think Xenons are deffo to come with the car though.

much appreciated once again, bak to the hunt!  :evilgrin: