Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone work for VW?  (Read 1608 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Anyone work for VW?
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:41:40 am »
My mate has a mk4 AUM 1.8t and he needs the ecu re-flashing back to standard, Can VW blind flash the standard software over the top of anything?

Basically he has revo on, tried writing to the ecu via onboard diag and couldnt, took the ecu out de-soldered the eprom and changed so could write to the eprom, when trying to change anything now it goes into limp mode and over fuels.

running standard boost tables it runs fine.

we think that the revo map changed more than just the boost table, so a complete write of a standard map would be great.

Offline AnSGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • 2012 GTI Edition 35
Re: Anyone work for VW?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:58:13 am »
I enquired about this a few years ago - They can recode the ECU, just as they would do if it were brand new I was told and I was quoted £80 for this.

The reason I wanted this was becuase I'd tried to get the car mapped using an ST3 hand held device but the car had a REVO trial on, by the previous owner and this was preventing me from flashing the ECU. In the end I took it to a tuner and he took the chip out and flashed it back to standard for me. Most tuners should also hold the standard map - espeicially for a 1.8T AUM.

I never went down the VW route as I figured it the ST3 couldn't flash it, what were VW going to do differently other than plug their device into the OBD port. They would most liekly have trouble re-coding/flashing the ECU. If you've fixed the issue you have with REVO maps and being able to write to the eCU afterwards then you may stand a chance.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:01:26 am by AnSGTI »

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:43:26 pm »
Did Revo flash through OBD originally? If so then ask a Revo dealer to flash a full stock file by OBD.

If this doesnt work, send me the ECU and I can de-solder the flash chip and resolder a stock flash chip.

(eprom holds immobilser data and not any engine run data)

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:05 pm »
Or if you/your friend can solder, I just need a few details and I can send you a chip with software on that you can solder yourself ( its a 29F400 PSOP chip)

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 12:28:57 am »
PM me the cost to send me the chip, hes awesome at soldering so if that will sort it we can do that.

Problem is it was mapped by the previous owner in Glasgow and he cant cant contact them.

If that chip will 100% solve it then we will go that route if it might not he doesn't mind booking in with you and driving up

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »
Can you send me a photo of the ECU sticker?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 09:21:57 pm »
Can you send me a photo of the ECU sticker?

will do, give me a couple of days.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 01:58:42 pm »