Make a donation

Author Topic: Does it have Xenons or not mate?!  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Flashpilot

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Does it have Xenons or not mate?!
« on: November 30, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »
G'day y'all  :happy2:

So....I've been to see 2 cars recently (one was over a 200 mile round trip) that have got Xenons fitted! Only, when I bleedin' got there....they did NOT have Xenons!

What's the best way to tell by looking at pictures? Is it the "ball" type thing in the headlight, or were earlier ones different?

Desperate for the right car with the right spec.....so come on all comers.....5 doors preferred....manual box for sure.....xenons definitely.....18's if poss.....and everything else is a bonus! I want it all........ :ashamed:

Cash waiting.....so roll up, roll up

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7eg2d9kbmm8no46rsn042c4uhu&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Does it have Xenons or not mate?!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »
Normal

Xenon

Offline Flashpilot

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 01:56:34 pm »
Perfect.....thanks Richwig!  :congrats:

Offline Flashpilot

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 11:35:04 pm »
Sell it to me now keendean!!!  :happy2:

Offline rainking

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • Der See Ruft.
    • World of Win
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 12:22:58 pm »
Also check for headlamp washers in the front bumper...

Here's what my car looks like with Factory Xenons...

Andrew
SP VW 97 'Crew Chief'
RNJ Motorsport::Retro Motoring

Offline Flashpilot

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 04:13:12 pm »
http://www.hiltongarage.co.uk/COGM/useddetails.aspx?Stock_ID=440024585758

So....are these Xenons? The seler says they are NOT?? :jumping:

Offline parks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
  • Red ED30 No. 1778 Detailing World member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 04:25:17 pm »
Looks like xenons. If the seller was adamant that they are not, they could possibly be the 'xenon look' ones that are on eBay. If its local go and have a look. Xenons will not have a height adjustment control in the car. Plus there will be a yellow sticker on the housing under the bonnet.
Standard: Rear parking sensors, Parrot Bluetooth
Retro fitted: MFSW buttons, RCD510, Boot pop, Black Monza II, Xenons, Audi jacking points, open fog light grills.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 06:09:30 pm »
They certainly look like xenons, and the car has headlamp washers as well. Knowing that dealers though they're pretty feckless TBH. I've tried asking them stuff about cars before and they just don't seem to care.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline blackmagic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 06:26:46 pm »
You can get cars that don't have xenons but have the headlight washers thou. Mine is this config as the washers come if it has the winter pack option.

Black GTI K03 Revo Stage 2+,

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 06:55:16 pm »

I would say they are Xenons - its got the headlight washers which is an indication (Although you can get headlight washers with Halogens) 

Whats more likely A) Xenon Look a likes & Coincidentally has washers  B) Sales guy is a muppet and doesnt know his product  :signLOL:

I've had first hand experiance with Hilton Garage - test drove a Ibiza Cupra and the sales guy was adament it was a petrol - which i knew it wasnt due to the rev counter. Even when i started it up he was still argueing that it was a petrol!   :stupid:

Offline AdeMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 09:11:22 pm »

Does Xenons form part of the "original equipment" installed and can be traced from the Boot Sticker?
That will tell you for sure.
Also, look at the dimmer switch for the dash. Original Xenon will only have one slider / dial to dim / light up the dash, as it will be auto levelling?
Just my 2p  :) :rolleye:

Offline Flashpilot

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 10:34:25 pm »
Thanks all......! I'm not going to look at that motor as it looks a little too much like a bag of sick to me.....and for sure, the guy I spoke to didn't have a frigging clue what to look for on my behalf. God.....why aren't so called car people, into cars???

Offline jeynesey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
  • Mk5 GTi Edition 30
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 04:59:56 pm »

Offline laserblue999

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 11:58:13 pm »
You're doing the right thing waiting mate. I was in the same position just a month ago getting frustrated having the cash and the time off work to find the right car with the right spec/mileage/history etc. and doing the daily internet searches!

If I hadn't narrowly missed a mint refex silver one with nigh on every option, I probably wouldn't have been so fussy, as everything changed aspirationally after that! Nearly bought a black one from a dealer which looked great but up on the miles a little (79k). Ridiculously I had the cash and made a close offer (£250 off asking) yet they wouldn't accept and tried to get me to take out finance I didn't need as they get some kind of cashback incentive!!

Hence I'm glad I waited, as a much better private one which had been out of my budget, was suddenly reduced and now I own it. If you buy a lower spec one IMO you end up chasing around for the bits you wanted originally which seems expensive and complicated at times, and/or wishing you hadn't jumped the gun.......................

The xenons are great BTW, as is heated leather, cruise, 18s, sat nav etc etc. - all well worth having.
'05 GTI - laser blue, 5dr, DSG, blue glass, heated leather, highline, cruise, sat nav, 10 speaker stereo,MFSW, xenons, 18" Monza, puddle lights, Ipod, retractable mirrors, factory tints, winter/summer mats, bootmat, luggage net, mudflaps, tailored blinds, x-tec plate leds - always looking for more OEM options.......pretending the pikey paddles are OEM+!!