Make a donation

Author Topic: Octavia VRS or mk5 Gti 5 door  (Read 18015 times)

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Octavia VRS or mk5 Gti 5 door
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 10:10:06 pm »
octavia vrs definatly, i saved up for years to get a mk5 golf finally got one and to be honest bar the superb performence of the diesel engine with its funny idle, i think vw are living on past qaulity as i have found it to be not what i was expecting.

I have found rust on underside of bonnet where its warmer and not as open to the elements in my opinion. Everything is a optional extra suprised you even get electric windows lol.

The paint seems to be poor as mine has suffered stone chips at 60k, we have renault meganes on 90k rep cars in work with spot on paint. Although i saw the bosses audi a4 s-line 08 plate and his was also covered in stone chips front end.

Maybe i was expecting too much, although every time i get down the country lanes its soo much fun to drive and you forget the niggly things.

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 01:03:38 am »
hmm the VRS seems to be the winner here lol, what are mods like for them? all the same as the mk5 gti?

mitch

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 01:39:43 am »
Performance wise, they share the same engine, so intake, downpipe, intercooler, HPFP etc.  I have just fitted the hardware for stage 2 myself with the software is going on in the new year.  I will also be completing an S3 front brake upgrade when I can find a local powder coaters.

So in answer to your question.......yes!  :driver:

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 01:53:50 am »
 :happy2: need to find a test drive in one me thinks! then make my mind up i know how the mk5 gti drives as i had one but realy interested in the vrs! and that boot is huge!!, is the octavia a skoda jetta?

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:16 am »
:happy2: need to find a test drive in one me thinks! then make my mind up i know how the mk5 gti drives as i had one but realy interested in the vrs! and that boot is huge!!, is the octavia a skoda jetta?
I suppose you could compare it to the Jetta length wise, but thats where it ends, as you say the boot on the Octavia is huge.  I have the estate, and on one occassion I had 3 sets of golf clubs, a couple of bags, the dog and her bed in the back with plenty of room to spare.

If you are anywhere near me, you are more than welcome to take mine out for a run.  :happy2:

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 02:12:27 am »
I suppose you could compare it to the Jetta length wise, but thats where it ends, as you say the boot on the Octavia is huge.  I have the estate, and on one occassion I had 3 sets of golf clubs, a couple of bags, the dog and her bed in the back with plenty of room to spare.

If you are anywhere near me, you are more than welcome to take mine out for a run.  :happy2:

ha! loads of room then, not sure an estate is for me tho  :grin: where abouts are you based?

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 05:52:39 am »
The estate is the best looking imo, but then I'm biased!  :grin:

I'm in Whitfield, just outside Dover in Kent.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 06:26:07 am »
Take your pram to a VW dealer, if it fits in a Golf, get the mark 5 GTi. If it doesn't fit, put the seats down and then get the Golf GTi.

There's a bloke down my road with a VRS, he always drives slowly past my Laser blue 3 dr with 18" Monza 2's, staring at it! You can tell what he'd rather be driving!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 09:16:53 am »
Take your pram to a VW dealer, if it fits in a Golf, get the mark 5 GTi. If it doesn't fit, put the seats down and then get the Golf GTi.

There's a bloke down my road with a VRS, he always drives slowly past my Laser blue 3 dr with 18" Monza 2's, staring at it! You can tell what he'd rather be driving!

Or perhaps he is driving by slowly to say "This is what you should have bought"  :signLOL:

I had the same problem but opted for the Octy, even though I didnt need a big boot.  Mine soon will be Shark stage 3 with a nice new turbo back exhaust that is being developed using my car :evilgrin: 
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 12:36:44 pm »
I would have an ED30 over the vRS but the gti isn't worth the extra plus the Octavia looks better, IMO of course.
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 01:38:44 pm »

Not a bad idea, I did have one before my s3 for a while and they drive awsome! Just after having a jetta not sure i could loose the boot space : /

Offline Daffy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 03:29:24 pm »
Depends on how long you plan to keep it. If it is only a year or so then VRS with bigger boot which will accomodate the pram. But if it is longer bear in mind you won't need a pram for long as they get older you can use a small pushchair and then they walk. Don't just base it on the now circumstances if it is a long term car. I have a 5 door GT and a 4 year old and there is more than enough room for everything including his pushchair when he had one.

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »

Not a bad idea, I did have one before my s3 for a while and they drive awsome! Just after having a jetta not sure i could loose the boot space : /

If you had an S3, you will be diappointed by both your options, sod it!  Just go for an RS4 estate..........

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 04:29:16 pm »
I don't think I could live with the Gti seats  :sick:
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 06:07:31 pm »
I don't think I could live with the Gti seats  :sick:

:sad1: