Make a donation

Author Topic: My new project - now with piccies  (Read 13964 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
Re: My new project
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 09:04:12 am »
Thanks for the comments on the wheels mate, really happy with them.  I reckon father Xmas came a bit early this year  :santa:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 10:18:38 am »
Will be the turbo and exhaust size mate. Your old Golf was on a K03 I take it? The exhaust would of been 2.5/2.75 inches in diameter. The S3 is on a K04 and will be on a 3 inch turbo back. Hence the big noise!
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 04:12:15 pm »
Aha, that explains it  :party:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 08:56:30 pm »
Good figures them Justin.

It will take a while for the map to settle in, you should find it will just get stronger and stronger  :xmaspresent:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »
Thanks Tom  :happy2:
Just a bit concerned the timing is a bit low at 4, so I'm going to get the logs checked again, as I reckon it should be at 5 or 6?  If I remember correctly I have boost 9, timing 4 and fuel 6, but will confirm later.  I will post up the RR figures tomorrow.  In the meantime here are some shots of the work in action.

It starts

off with the front

The Forge twintercooler that was meant to be fitted, but only discovered on the day that they don't do an S3 facelift model  :surprised:

After the failed twintercooler mission it was exhaust time  :evilgrin:

ITG time  :party:

And just before the remap and RR the H&R lowering springs  :xmassmiley:

RR time after the stage 2+ Revo map

Picked her up after dark, so some nice shots of her lowered and with the spacers fitted were not an option  :sad1:
Will take a few more tomorrow in the sunlight, if we have any  :drool:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:22:06 pm by Jussa »

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
Re: My new project - now with piccies
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »
Well after not posting on my project for ages I thought it was time to give a small update.    :rolleye:

Did a some runs a few weeks back at the pod!!

Was really disappointed with my times - fastest being 13 secs flat, especially after I was running 12.7 at Inters  :fighting:

I booked her in for a service and health check!!!
After the service I had the new Revo stage 2+ map added, and had her Revo settings changed from summer to a winter setup (probably the reason for my bad 'pod' times)  :confused:

Anyway, after a few chats with Hurdy I decided to get a GIAC DSG map to further improve my times and driveability. 
What a palava this was, travelling down to Southampton (Regal Autosports) 3 times to eventually get it sorted (184 mile round trip) as they didn't have my DSG code on their system.
I plumped for their stage 2 map and What a difference it makes, and definitely money well spent.  She now launches at 4500rpm absolutely awesome!! 
Did a few logs on the VI monitor  :jumpmove:

After Xmas I'll be going back to try out the GIAC Extreme map to see how she marries up with the DSG map.  It's not cheap, but I do get 30 days to decide whether I want a refund and go back to Revo.
Hurdy reckons I won't be asking for the refund!!!   :popcornsoda:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 05:48:24 pm »

About time you had an update, its almost a year out of date  :laugh:

Will be interested to see how you find this new GIAC map.  DJHorace and his mate in their Leons used to go head to head with virtually identical hardware and setups but the GIAC lost out to REVO everytime.

The bad news for me is your slowest timeup the strip is still much faster than what i can hope for :sad1:  I'll just have to settle for beating your Golf last time :laugh:

Whats the current spec?

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 05:58:54 pm »
you're right, been really slack  :signLOL:

Which GIAC map are you referring to that did the REVO head to head?
I assume it wasn't the new one that Hurdy had installed?  :innocent:

My spec is as per my signature - 2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic stage 2+ S3 - Milltek TBE- Autotech HPFP - ITG CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve & THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's running the new Revo stage 2+ map  :party:

I want to do a quarter mile run before I get the GIAC map then I can compare the 2 afterwards before deciding which I go for!!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 06:00:18 pm »
This was a couple years back so no doubt a much older revision of both maps.

edit

Ignore all i said above.  Owen obviously pipped him in the end

10).  12.920 @ 112.80 - MAN - OEM K04 - GIAC EXTREME PLUS - ROAD TYRE - LEON CUPRA - Owen
11).  12.950 @ 115.10 - MAN - OEM K04 - REVO S2+ - ROAD TYRE - LEON CUPRA - Djhorace
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:03:20 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 06:08:25 pm »

edit

10).  12.920 @ 112.80 - MAN - OEM K04 - GIAC EXTREME PLUS - ROAD TYRE - LEON CUPRA - Owen
11).  12.950 @ 115.10 - MAN - OEM K04 - REVO S2+ - ROAD TYRE - LEON CUPRA - Djhorace

How long ago was that??

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 01:36:27 pm »

edit

How long ago was that??

That was probably a couple of years ago. Owen sold up ages ago. It was waaaay before any revised Revo Stage 2+ code and the new GIAC code. Statller did a lot of work on both those cars.

Not sure if Owen's car was stripped of a lot of it's interior, but Al's (DJ) had at least the rear seats out iirc.
Golf .:R DSG - GIAC Stage 2

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 01:56:11 pm »
you're right, been really slack  :signLOL:

I assume it wasn't the new one that Hurdy had installed?  :innocent:

My spec is as per my signature - 2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic stage 2+ S3 - Milltek TBE- Autotech HPFP - ITG CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve & THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's running the new Revo stage 2+ map  :party:

I want to do a quarter mile run before I get the GIAC map then I can compare the 2 afterwards before deciding which I go for!!

Which GIAC map are you looking at? The Extreme map requires a 3" VF intake, the brand new Stage 2 map is suitable for EvoMS, ITG etc...

Will be interesting to see like-for-like times. Do you have any dyno plots or figures for the current Revo map?

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 10:15:56 pm »

My spec is as per my signature - 2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic stage 2+ S3 - Milltek TBE- Autotech HPFP - ITG CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve & THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's running the new Revo stage 2+ map  :party:

Which GIAC map are you looking at? The Extreme map requires a 3" VF intake, the brand new Stage 2 map is suitable for EvoMS, ITG etc...

Will be interesting to see like-for-like times. Do you have any dyno plots or figures for the current Revo map?

No dyno's or figures yet, but will be getting a dyno with the Revo before and the GIAC after. 
You seem to have the same setup as Hurdy.
Is that 3" VF intake the only extra I need?  How much are they?  :confused:
Is the extreme map a lot different to the new stage 2 map?

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 10:20:50 am »

No dyno's or figures yet, but will be getting a dyno with the Revo before and the GIAC after. 
You seem to have the same setup as Hurdy.
Is that 3" VF intake the only extra I need?  How much are they?  :confused:
Is the extreme map a lot different to the new stage 2 map?

I'm running the same engine code as Hurdy, but he's running a Stage 3 DSG map, where as I am running Stage 2.

No idea how much the VF intakes are, a quick Google search doesn't turn up a great deal tbh. I'm sure Regal, Statller or GIAC would be able to give you some more info.

The new Stage 2 code is very strong anyway (it's the GIAC Stage 2+ equivalent, making 360+bhp), so I'm sure how much over Stage 2 the Extreme map will give.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 10:49:37 pm »
There will be very little in it between an Extreme map and the new stage 2 GIAC maps. The Extreme map is an older version of the stage 2+ map that is based on the larger MAF housing of the VF intake and uses MAF scaling in the map to work out what the engine needs in terms of fuelling etc. IIRC the VF intake is 70mm inside diameter and the std MAF internal diameter is 62mm?

The maps roughly produce the same results and both have a pump version (using normal 98ron and above) or the race version (using WMI or race fuels)

The race versions can produce even more bhp and lbft  :evilgrin: :innocent:

The stage 3 DSG map ramps things up a little more and the clamping pressure is elevated even more than stage 2 (I specified max pressure possible). Also the gearchanges are even faster at stage 3 than stage 2.  :smiley:
Golf R gone.