Make a donation

Author Topic: few worries about my gti  (Read 1508 times)

Offline reflex11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
few worries about my gti
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:03:12 pm »
lately its felt not so pully.. not so smooth.. like its dragging.. when I put the gas down its like somthing is pulling it back.. what could it be?i've pumped up the tyres and it feels a tad better but not the same :(
also i've noticed that with the gti you have to change gear fast for smooth ride because revs drop so fast? im not used to a manual as i've driven an auto for 2 years prior this car :X
i've just read about the recall on the coils and have it booked in for monday, my car is also due a cambelt change

another problem is that when going from 4th to 5th i get this big jolt.. no matter how smooth i change it it jolts which really worries me?
also in first and second gear going slow it's jerky i dont know if thats due to it being cold or not?
also when giving it alot in first then trying to put it in second its really hard to put it in gear .. is this usual?

also some additional info.. my car has had only 1 pervious female owner and has full vw service history and covered 65k miles
Also no lights on dash about any warnings
all comments are appriecated!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:38:17 pm by reflex11 »

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
Re: few worries about my gti
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:18:41 pm »
I find that the revs don't drop as quickly in the golf as any other petrol car I've had :S sounds like something's up..
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline reflex11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 07:16:39 pm »
bump

Offline Dannyboy88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 08:30:22 pm »
Have you check to see if any of your brake calipers arent stuck on abit, happend to me in my old polo felt like the car had lost loads of performance, could be worth checking

Offline reflex11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 02:21:18 pm »
just had a visual check with VW they said 2 front tyres need changing.. i agree.. also they said they front brake discs are lipped and worn and brake fluid needs changing.. maybe your right?

Offline mkviken

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 09:53:35 pm »
wonder if the lower engine mount is on its way out if its jolting when changing gear.