Make a donation

Author Topic: My very first project car (small update)  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
My very first project car (small update)
« on: December 07, 2011, 01:16:30 pm »
Hi i will be updating with pics as soon as I get my car back (hopefully later today)

But to start this thread off i'll just give a bit of background info: My car started life as a standard MK5 Golf 2007 in black, it has highline computer but apart from that it is a basic model - I will try to find some pictures later but I'm sure everyone knows what a standard car looks like  :signLOL:

Its been in the garage for the last few days having a few bits that i've aquired fitted. I've managed to gather together: WALK, Forge twintercooler, KW1 coilovers, Whiteline ARBs, R32 bumper, R32 style exhaust and forge dump valve/blow off spacer, all parts I might add bought off forum members.  :happy2:

I've got a few other bits left to fit which include the Porker brake upgrade, forge twintake and some 18" wheels.

To be continued.....................
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:08:40 pm by Syrag64 »
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline KevMK5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: My very first project car
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:39:38 pm »
congratulations in getting yourself a project, look forward to seeing the pics soon

Laser Blue GT Tdi 140

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 12:12:27 am »
Not to forget some Skyline effect LED's  :notworthy:
Can't wait to see the pics mate.
 :popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline G-Lader

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:46:02 am »

I was just about to post that up Justin, where are the pictures Gary???  :jumping:

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 02:50:33 pm »

I was just about to post that up Justin, where are the pictures Gary???  :jumping:

I aint got the lights yet  :signLOL: they ready now Justin?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 02:53:52 pm »
Just PM'd u  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 03:01:16 pm »
Replied cheers mate  :happy2:

Pic update:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:04:58 pm by Syrag64 »

Offline G-Lader

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: My very first project car (pic update)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 03:19:38 pm »
Love the rear, will look so much better with the LED's fitted.  :happy2:
What exhaust did you fit and whats your thoughts on it? (It's on my "to do list").

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 03:25:51 pm »
I managed to aquire Big Al's old exhaust,((It was a custom made job) it sounds great, nice burble on tickover and a really nice sound when putting foot down, i'm very happy with it so far, just need to get twintake, dumpvalve & NQSBBK fitted then it will be stage 1 re-map time  :signLOL:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 09:52:54 pm »
Exhaust looks monstrous mate.  Do u have 18" Monza's on the shopping list?  :party:

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:04:44 pm »
Exhaust looks monstrous mate.  Do u have 18" Monza's on the shopping list?  :party:

:signLOL: it does fill the bumper nicely, I've got some 18's coming tomorrow but not Monza's going for a different look, hopefully it works, pics will be uploaded when fitted.

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 11:12:35 am »
Good to see that you finally got the exhaust fitted, it's a beast compared to the standard ones.
Just for anyones info, it's made by pipeworx, near to liverpool. :happy2:

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 07:14:17 pm »
Good to see that you finally got the exhaust fitted, it's a beast compared to the standard ones.
Just for anyones info, it's made by pipeworx, near to liverpool. :happy2:

Yes mate, took a while but finally getting there, love the sound, I think they had to cut the exhaust to get it to fit as it was too large a bore (did you have a de-catted downpipe??) but it still sounds great, i'm in love with my car all over again  :signLOL:

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 10:08:17 pm »
Quick update today, got NQBBK fitted, pics tomorrow  :evilgrin: They look the dogs, and even tho not bedded in yet feel soooo much better than standard, Cheers Dave (brake god)  :congrats:

Offline BKallend

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: My very first project car (small update)
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 03:59:23 pm »
nice car dude