Make a donation

Author Topic: Great thing I saw today - Aircraft related!  (Read 1167 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Great thing I saw today - Aircraft related!
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:39:59 pm »
A Hercules and a Hawk trainer playing cat and mouse in the valley today (Eden valley North Cumbria near Penrith) Herc was at ultra low level and the pair of them were pulling some serious moves. Second time in a week I've seen them at it, never thought a plane of that size would be so mobile only wish I'd had my phone on me so I could have filmed it. There was an Apache buzzing around earlier but no where near as cool as this. There was a similar thing going on before Xmas with Chinooks but wasn't any where near as good to watch. :congrats:
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Great thing I saw today - Aircraft related!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:15 pm »
a friend of mine bumped his Ford focus company car..... his excuse to his insurance was.....he saw an apache buzzing past.

If he had have seen this, he would have written it off! ;)

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »
Haha what a cool excuse. I saw the red arrows taking off from Lincoln recently but was in a rush so couldnt stop to watch them in training. Going to have to get myself down Wales to watch these training exercises.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

hugh jass

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 10:41:27 pm »
 I saw them aswell. I was heading north on M6 J40/41. Your right about the Hercules being mega low. Doing overlapping figures of eight and being shadowed by the Hawk.
  I swear the pilot waved at me :wink: :signLOL:

sanrio14

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:17:55 am »
Wrong timing for me. I'm late on that action. Phew!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:50:34 am »
Was driving to thetford about 13 years back and saw about 7 Chinooks (Im sure they were chinooks as they each had some sort of Tank attached to them as they were flying about around thetford forest), there was also loads of smaller helicopters and some vehicles buzzing round, I pulled over in a layby to have a watch of them (and to eat my lunch at same time) and was there about 10 mins when a US Military jeep pulled up and asked me to move on!!. I told him I was on a UK public road and having paid my road tax was able to sit there all day long and told him to go bother someone else  :P

He tried saying that I was "attempting to gain intel on US military training operations", I cant remeber what i said after i finished laughing, probably something like "I think you have been watching too many spy films mate". Anyhow he sat there in that layby with me for another 20 minutes before i set off again, he then started following me  :scared:, so I pulled over again, lit a ciggie and got my paper out  :booty: sat there for 10 mins before I got bored and got on my way again, seriously that guy needed to chill out  :P

I must have one of those faces lol, I always get hassled, got strip searched in geneva airport on a Ski trip (52 of us in the group and I was the one they picked out!) and 8 years later, I also got searched at reykjavik airport in Iceland and got asked why I was visiting the country?, my answer was quite short and sweet and prretty much ended the questioning "I am here visiting my son!", I alsogot pulled into customs/immigration office at Dubai airport as the Arab chap claimed I was using a stolen passport as i clearly did not look english enough to him (I was to be fair living in singapore and just taken a 3 week holiday and had a pretty good tan and was actually at the time darker skinned than the customs chap and was also sporting a goatee beard (dont ask!) so I guess I did not exactly look like a Pasty englishman  :innocent:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:57:30 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 12:07:41 pm »
know how you feel, I can set off an airport metal detector by looking at it - no kidding

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 01:20:20 pm »
I forgot to add I even got searched in december in Chambery airport on way back from ski holiday on christmas eve morning (why they searched me on way back?, did they think i was smuggling cheese or baguettes or something?), out of our group of 9 I was (AGAIN) singled out and bag searched!, funny thing was tho i was expecting to be strip searched so when i got into the booth I immediatley dropped my jeans and took off my hoodie and T shirt and was stood there in my boxers, the poor lady had a surprise when she came in to check my bag  :happy2: (that will F%^&(*g teach em!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:23:07 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 02:42:08 pm »
know how you feel, I can set off an airport metal detector by looking at it - no kidding

That's because you eat brembos for breakfast ;)