Make a donation

Author Topic: Unbelievable service  (Read 6737 times)

Offline Jack Frost

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Unbelievable service
« on: December 09, 2011, 11:18:27 am »
After hunting high and low for a dealer that was taking part in the "fixed price servicing" I found Heritage VW (formally Loders) in Dorchester. The car was book in for a major service, cam belt and waterpump replacement and brake fluid change.

Firstly, the courtesy car was filthy - but that's the least of my worries.

It's easier if I list the mistakes.

1. They never called to say when my car was ready. I had asked to be called ASAP as I had an hour and a half drive to get there.
2. Air filter was not replaced as they had none in stock, but the cost of this was refunded.
3. Pollen filter was not repaced as it had been done the previous service - this was not refunded.
4. When I stopped at the first set of traffic lights, the car stopped, my foot kept going to the floor and the car started moving again. When I went back and it was inspected, I was told that the bleed nipple had not been put back on properly even after an apparent road test.
5. Given my lack of trust with this dealer, I decided to check the oil level the next day - the oil was as dirty as it was before the apparent service.

The dealer didn't seem to be that concerned about the brake issue and told me that the oil was fine and normal even after the distance travelled.

I have to say that they did renew the oil again, bleed through the brakes again and replace both filters in the end. They also offered to do my next service free of charge (the letter has yet to be received to confirm this). I was offered some petrol money as I had to go back to get these problems rectified - I never saw this either.

I understand that Loders had went into administration and they had no accounts set up yet, but to not have something as basic as a filter in stock .....

First impression.......................less than happy

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Unbelievable service
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:24:25 am »
 :surprised: brake bleed nipples left open the knobs that could have killed you and someone else  :fighting: :fighting: I would write a letter of complaint to Vw uk  :fighting: whether fixed it after or not that's a huge f up  :fighting:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline sundance

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 12:54:53 pm »
As MAT ED30 says, your situation exceeds the normal stealership piss-take threshold levels.  Escalate it as high as you can as this is clearly unacceptable.  

Offline justcallmeal

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 01:13:21 pm »
Go straight to VWUK mate and raise hell.  Nothing short of totally unacceptable never mind bloody dangerous.

Get the Dealer Principals name and write a personal letter detailing what you've just said.

Is it any wonder dealers a regarded as the lowest of the low.  I'm sorry to anyone who works for one but having come from that environment, no-one really gives a damn unless you kick up a fuss and are very noisey about it.

Don't let it slide mate!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 01:23:54 pm »
That is terrible service,as mentioned get onto vw uk

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »
That's horrendous!

Is this the same place that Robin uses?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 02:24:13 pm »
Definitely one for escalation. Totally unacceptable
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Jack Frost

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 06:41:24 pm »
I've now typed out a draft copy of a letter I will be sending to VW HQ - only need to get my invoice copied and attached and that's that.

I assuming that VW customer service isn't very good as I've had to send letters away previously when I had my Mk4 V6.

I'll wait and see what happens.

What should I expect/request for compensation ??

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 06:42:58 pm »
Brake fluid and painted wheels dont mix either (brake fuid strips paint), also check all panels around the wheel  and inside wheel arch, chances are that it got everywhere.

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 06:44:35 pm »
Any more news on this?It seem's pretty bad as somebody else has said,you could have been in a serious accident and killed yourself or other's and the dealer say's it's fine that the bleed nipple was incorrectly fitted when you left them,make's me sick that they charge an arm and a leg for crap service and attitude,it's only for the sake of getting your service record book stamped by the main delaer that the majority of people put up with this.Hope it get's sorted mate. :surprised:

Offline Jack Frost

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:51 pm »
Brake fluid and painted wheels dont mix either (brake fuid strips paint), also check all panels around the wheel  and inside wheel arch, chances are that it got everywhere.

Yeah, I mentioned it at the time and was told that they sprayed the wheel, and wheel arch down with .....neutraliser? and then poured some water over it. Hopefully the recent rain has also helped !

I really should check it before it gets forgotten about.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 06:54:49 pm »
Brake fluid can take effect within 30 seconds! Within 3 mins it will strip to the bare metal.

Offline gillm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »
i had issues with loaders of yeovil years ago and contacted vw uk and got a a nice polite phone call from loaders . but i dont take the car to them anyway now . infact it only went there for 1 service from new
west tuned gt28 @ 340hp

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 07:54:36 pm »
Sounds the bottom of the customer services ladder this one  :fighting:

If it was me I'd certainly be making a formal complaint and pushing it as far as you can as the consumer  :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 09:01:26 pm »

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.