Make a donation

Author Topic: Unbelievable service  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Jack Frost

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Unbelievable service
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »
Latest is that VW arent really that interested - keep telling me that the franchise has to sort it out. The only thing they have done for me is arrange to have my next service free off charge - but only at Heritage VW.

Now, why would I want to back somewhere where on my first and only visit I have received bad service ? They won't even agree to pay for this next service at another VW dealer.

So it looks as if I have 2 options :

1. Go back to Heritage for a free service in the hope that they won't kill me this time, or
2. Take it on the chin happy in the knowledge that VW have taken my hard earned money for sh*t service.

If anyone from Heritage VW or indeed VW themselves are reading this then why can't I get a free service elsewhere ?

Anyone considering going to Heritage for anything - please think again.

p.s looks like I won't be getting my petrol money from them either.

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 01:01:36 pm »
I'd keep on at VWUK a lot of the time depends who you talk to.  Trading standards, watchdog. Did you get through to the Service Manager for the area ?  Local paper might even be interested.  No brakes on a family car after service has a nice reader scare factor to it (as it should do).

Free service somewhere else should be obtainable.  Complain with a letter and remain focused on the issue and desired result.

I think I would go for the free service with them but demand to watch all of it and make sure the manager was nearby. And maybe take a mate (ideally a car minded one) for moral support (in exchange for beer tokens)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:14:52 pm by mad_pete »

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »
Suprised RR hasn't been on to defend them  :signLOL:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Jack Frost

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 05:10:27 pm »
Spoke to VW HQ again and i've basically been told take it or leave it as there is nothing they can or will do to help.

So I got in touch with Whatcar - just to see if they can suggest anything. Never know, it might get printed.

Nice bit of publicity for Heritage !

Offline Jack Frost

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26:27 pm »
Last word from VW HQ is that they cannot force Heritage to pay for a service at another franchise - they have their own budget and can do what they like with it.

VW HQ have now said that the complaint is now closed as I refuse to take my car back to them so there is nothing else they can do.

Take my car back to them !!! after what thye have done on my first visit !!!!!

I personally would'nt take a kids pedal trike to them.

No wonder Loders went into administration.

I pity the Heritage group.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 12:34:47 pm »
would trading standards be able to help--if not get onto the news papers

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 09:38:21 am »
Ya know what, this absolutely makes my blood boil. You entrust these guys to do a proper job and you pay top dollar for their service, then get treat like sh1t. How the fook can they forget to do something like tighten a bleed nipple up is beyond me, and as for the oil looking like turd after they were meant to have changed it and its meant to look like that, well, i dont know what automotive engineering back ground they have but when i've changed my oil you can still see through it for at least a couple of weeks. Finally all i can say is you live and learn, and that is the reason i do the majority of work on my car myself. Fook stealers and fook their stamp, at least i know i'm safe. Rant over

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 04:51:54 pm »
That's horrendous!

Is this the same place that Robin uses?

....The VW dealer I used to use!! Not since they changed to Heritage. I went there recently and asked for my usual arrangement for new tyres - Loders would match price and were even happy to fit the tyres I supplied. Heritage said they wouldn't normally fit any tyre other than on their list for my car and I couldn't supply it. Also, they weren't happy to fit my new AP Racing brake pads (my supply) because they couldn't guarantee them, they said. I left it for them to phone me with a price and have had no response whatsoever from several weeks ago.

Another local tyre shop (family run, not a chain) refused to get me Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's because neither of their usual suppliers stocked them and again they refused to fit tyres I supplied, or my AP brake pads! So I went to the local ATS who got me the tyres the next day and gave me excellent service and 10% discount and free nitrogen. They also popped my car up on a hi-lift so I could inspect the underside - I noticed a loose wheel arch lining and they screwed it back in for me.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 04:55:16 pm »

No wonder Loders went into administration.

I pity the Heritage group.

....In 6 years of experience of that Dorchester workshop under the Loders name, I can only sing their praises. After just one visit under the Heritage name, I am not at all impressed.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6nm5ak35dl0booi7vck6kl88am&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 05:16:41 pm »
Sounds good robin. How are you finding the GYv2? I'm really happy with mine.

It's a shame that you seemed to have lost a decent local VW garage. Are all the staff different?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 05:31:20 pm »

Sounds good robin. How are you finding the GYv2? I'm really happy with mine.

It's a shame that you seemed to have lost a decent local VW garage. Are all the staff different?

....Too soon to pass comment on the GY Asymm2 - They're on the rear axle with Dunlop asymms transferred to the front axle. Plus new AP brake pads (their own) and nitrogen, she feels a bit different but I haven't been out for a proper drive yet.

Dunno about the workshop staff at Loders/Heritage but front desk staff has changed. I'll have to give the workshop manager (if he's still there) a private call and find out what's what.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »
All my 'local' dealers are part of the Heritage group. That's the reason my car now gets serviced at APS!

Awful company!! :fighting:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 10:49:04 pm »
Last word from VW HQ is that they cannot force Heritage to pay for a service at another franchise - they have their own budget and can do what they like with it.
Write to the dealer principal, make it clear you are asking for a full refund of the service you paid for, but which they did not deliver.  State that you are claiming a full refund for breach of contract, and advise them that if they don't refund you within 21 days, you will issue a Claim for the full amount, plus costs in the County Court.

If they have any brains, they will pay up asap - NO business, especially in todays economic climate, will want a County Court judgement listed against them.  :fighting2:

VW HQ have now said that the complaint is now closed as I refuse to take my car back to them so there is nothing else they can do.
VW UK CS treated me in a similar fashion for the THREE formal complaints I made to them about my local VW stealer.  :fighting: :fighting:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~