Make a donation

Author Topic: Recommended bodyshops close to leeds?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
Recommended bodyshops close to leeds?
« on: December 09, 2011, 10:54:44 pm »
My car has seen previous repairs it seems with the last owner, the quality is shoddy to say the least so i want my side resprayed and rear arch needs the crease to be straightened abit, noticed a few weeks ago that as the arch come down towards the door it loses it's line.. :( Anybody recommend any good places that are well priced? Had a few prices of £250 from places in Bradford but i don't trust them to do a good job, 2 quotes i've had at what seem to be good body shops are around the £400/500 mark. Just wanted to see if there are anymore that might be better suited for my car.. I trust peoples opinons on here more than what any body shop will tell me about themselves lol.

Thanks in advance guys

Ajay

Build: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40699.0.html

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

To Do: RNS/RCD510 | FBSW | Black BBS CH 18"

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Recommended bodyshops close to leeds?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »
Give the guys at Impact in Brighouse a call :happy2:

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 12:14:51 am »
Yes impact in Brighouse are very good but not cheap as I have used them a few time's a few year's ago,Huddersfield accident repair centre are very good and pretty good at price matching and do a fantastic job! :happy2:

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 12:31:37 am »
When i contacted the previous owner by getting her details from the service book, each time i rang her i could only get to talk to her secretary as she was always away when i rang it seems, but from what i had heard from them any work that had taken place on the vehicle was done by Huddersfield repair centre and the work is appalling :( But i don't know whether the garage i bought the car from had done the actually paint work themselves cheaply to cover up scratches of some sort.. So i'm a bit dubious of the Huddersfield one, might have to get onto them so see if the cars on their system to see what they have done, if anything to the car..

Thanks for the suggestions though guys, If anyone has any more please keep them coming while i check all the options out  :smiley:

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 62
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 10:21:34 am »
Another :happy2: for Impact at Brighouse here.  Got my colour-coding done there.  Not cheap but you get what you pay for these days (if you're lucky!).

Offline robby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 06:13:54 pm »
I've used several in Huddersfield for previous cars,
Impact very good but pricey
Grange moor, don't prep very well these days and finish isn't perfect
Bodyshop did a full front on a mini and it was a different shade and dull finish
natiionwide were used a long time ago and were good

I used a shop in Rochdale for a couple of cars (loan car was free so still mobile) and the owners son is a member on a few VAG forums (CupraJake) - excellent quality of work and a lot cheaper than Hudds shops - Panelcare if you google

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 08:02:39 pm »
I've seen the panelcare website before, might give them a call and see what quote they give me.. I'll also give Impact a call and see what they can do for me, but i don't want to be spending over the odds.. Cheeers guys :)

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:14:16 am »
When i contacted the previous owner by getting her details from the service book, each time i rang her i could only get to talk to her secretary as she was always away when i rang it seems, but from what i had heard from them any work that had taken place on the vehicle was done by Huddersfield repair centre and the work is appalling :( But i don't know whether the garage i bought the car from had done the actually paint work themselves cheaply to cover up scratches of some sort.. So i'm a bit dubious of the Huddersfield one, might have to get onto them so see if the cars on their system to see what they have done, if anything to the car..

Thanks for the suggestions though guys, If anyone has any more please keep them coming while i check all the options out  :smiley:

Bit shocked at that one about Huddersfield accident repair centre,i'm sure the previous owner used some shoddy back street garage to get the work done as all my previous car's(Merc,and BMW)were colour matched to perfection by the state of the art paint mixer and 100% colour matching,good luck mate I hope you manage to get it sorted! :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:59:25 am »
Trimcraft in Halifax these guys are awesome watched them rebuild loads of old classic cars and and are a great body shop I would 100% trust them with my car.

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box