Make a donation

Author Topic: New Belfast owner...  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Harry171

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
New Belfast owner...
« on: December 24, 2011, 09:14:51 am »
Hi all, bought a nice 06' Tornado 3 door GTI a couple weeks back in Manchester. Drove it all the way home and its a lovely place to be with a decent amount of power when you need it! Has a few nice options, TPMS, Changer in armrest, Monza2's, auto lights/wipers and a couple other minor things I've forgotten.

What I really find I miss is the multi function on the steering wheel, so if anyone knows where or how to sort that it would be much appreciated!
One other thing, I thought they all came with MP3 stereos as per the Leons? Mine doesn't though I've noticed a friends Golf's stereo is MP3 with silver buttons.. Is this a direct and easy replacement?

So ill update with pics when the weather isn't so rubbish, but I'm sure you all know what a standard one looks like.

PS coil overs are on the way already ;)

Happy Christmas!

Harry  :xmassmiley:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: New Belfast owner...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 09:18:24 am »
welcome to the forum--the mfsw can be retro fitted as well as a  mp3 stereo but if your going to upgrade the rns510 is a good upgrade with sat nav
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:20:18 am by maxitrol »

Offline Harry171

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 09:38:34 am »
Yeah that Nav unit looks nice, is it the optional item on the MK5's? tbh as nice as it is, would be wasted for me, really don't need nav. Do NEED MP3 though lol... Is there coding involved with the later silver buttoned mp3 unit or is it plug and play do you know? If I could pick one of them up cheap id spend the rest on a map or wheel refurb ;)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:02:41 am »
they are plug and play if you have the code with the mp3 radio when you buy it--they come up for sale on here from time to time

Offline clive_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 01:09:23 pm »
Welcome Harry, good to see another NI member.. quite a few on here now  :drinking:

If you don't need nav then look for an RCD-510, very similar to the RNS-510 but without the nav function.  I don't think the price difference is huge though so you might be as well to get the RNS as it'll ad resale value to your car when the time comes.

Offline coolhandluke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 01:49:52 pm »
Hi all, bought a nice 06' Tornado 3 door GTI a couple weeks back in Manchester. Drove it all the way home and its a lovely place to be with a decent amount of power when you need it! Has a few nice options, TPMS, Changer in armrest, Monza2's, auto lights/wipers and a couple other minor things I've forgotten.

What I really find I miss is the multi function on the steering wheel, so if anyone knows where or how to sort that it would be much appreciated!
One other thing, I thought they all came with MP3 stereos as per the Leons? Mine doesn't though I've noticed a friends Golf's stereo is MP3 with silver buttons.. Is this a direct and easy replacement?

So ill update with pics when the weather isn't so rubbish, but I'm sure you all know what a standard one looks like.

PS coil overs are on the way already ;)

Happy Christmas!

Nice one Harry and glad you like it,I also travelled over to England to pick up mine,MFSW buttons are an easy retro fit if you have DSG.
PM me if you need the name of a good mechanic.

Harry  :xmassmiley:

Offline Harry171

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 11:39:56 am »
Mines a manual just so hopefully they should still be retrofitable! I'm a senior technician within the VAG group so should be able to tackle anything ;)

I'll take a look for that other unit, sounds good!