Make a donation

Author Topic: Ejected by the 'bigman'...  (Read 4665 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Ejected by the 'bigman'...
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:37:54 pm »
Makes an interesting watch. A good deed, but probably risking problems in today's world:

Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Ejected by the 'bigman'...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:49:52 pm »
the police are investigating a complaint of an assault.

also the guy who was thrown off the train, has posted a video on youtube explaining his side of the story, i will get the link

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »
Maybe he was genuine - all a bit strange as he didn't seem to plead a structured case to the conductor at the time, from what the filming picked up?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 09:01:49 pm »
what he said in the link i posted seems to add up, claims he was given 2 tickets for the same journey instead of one each for the return journey. i agree wth you though, he doesnt seem to explain himself to the conductor very well, but i also dont think the conductor was really interested in what he had to say, he just wanted him off the train.

the "big man" needs to be careful, could land himself up in court for something in which he didnt know the facts so should have kept out of it to be honest, fair enough he might have wanted to get home, but you cant go grabbing people and throwing them to the ground. I would like to have seen how he would have reacted if the kid was a man as big as he was :signLOL:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 09:13:12 pm »
the "big man" needs to be careful, could land himself up in court for something in which he didnt know the facts so should have kept out of it to be honest, fair enough he might have wanted to get home, but you cant go grabbing people and throwing them to the ground.

To be honest I think he deserves everything he gets for this, regardless of whether the lad had a ticket or not. It was none of his business and if that lad had fallen badly and hit his head he could have been up on a manslaughter charge.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:18:43 pm »
Am I right in thinking that the guy is also a fireman, in which case he'll likely be sacked?

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 09:19:52 pm »
the "big man" needs to be careful, could land himself up in court for something in which he didnt know the facts so should have kept out of it to be honest, fair enough he might have wanted to get home, but you cant go grabbing people and throwing them to the ground.

To be honest I think he deserves everything he gets for this, regardless of whether the lad had a ticket or not. It was none of his business and if that lad had fallen badly and hit his head he could have been up on a manslaughter charge.

Tend to agree with this, basically assault.    
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Turbosteve

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 09:27:44 pm »
It was on radio 2 yesterday, the lads dad was on and said they have passed it over to the police to deal with..... Sounds like they are going to prosecute the big guy, apparently the lads face is a mess from hitting the floor when they threw him out....

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:29:12 pm »

agree, shame for once this lad didnt have a group of mates with him to kick fat boys head in. Hate bullies

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:36:36 pm »
Am I right in thinking that the guy is also a fireman, in which case he'll likely be sacked?

didnt know that he was a fireman, that might explain why the guys wife said he didnt want to make any comment on the matter.

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:48:17 pm »
The boy is from my hometown so it's been on local forums.

Ironically most comments are in support of the Big Man, self policing in Scotland has always been prominent.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 09:56:09 pm »
The boy is from my hometown so it's been on local forums.

Ironically most comments are in support of the Big Man, self policing in Scotland has always been prominent.

is the Big Man from the same place too??

i have nothing against self policing, but you have got to be sure you know all the facts what you are acting upon, otherwise you could end up like the big man, possibly in all sorts of trouble

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 10:04:03 pm »
Someone posted up that the "Big Man" asked the conductor if he wanted him off and the conductor said yes (being an elderley gent and clearly unable to do it himself and with sno support from Transport police), so someone quoted scottish law saying he was given permissiona dn thus acting within the law.

fair play, no ticket no ride and if you then claim later that you noticed the ticket was issued incorrectly on your way, you should have sorted it on arrival when you got there and not "Chanced it" on the way back.

The lads face is a mess?, on facetube he has a small mark on his cheek, lad needs to grow a pair and his parents need to stop thinking compensation for something that was clearly annoying other passengers!!

I dont condone fat lads chucking skinny kids off trains, but the old guy was getting abused and he asked hiu about 20 times to get off and he wa sworn at and ignored, the other passengers clearly wanted him off and to stop delaying them! and the big lad chucked him off, his face only got marked when he threw himself at the big man and he then threw him to floor as 1st time was more a push out the door!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:08:18 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 10:07:23 pm »
 :congrats:

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 10:19:46 pm »
point taken, but if you believe you have bought and paid for your ticket your not going to get off the train, i certainly wouldnt. yes the tickets miight have been dup;icated and he might not have realised until he is on the train home.