Make a donation

Author Topic: airbag fault?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
airbag fault?
« on: December 18, 2011, 10:03:26 pm »
I think i hit a bump in the road a little too hard and its set of an airbag fault on my car. Ive pluged in a fault code reader and it says its the passangers airbag circuit.

ive tried
- reseting the computer
-checking connections
-turning the airbag on and off in the glovebox.

The only other thing i can think of trying is taking the glovebox out and checking the rear connection on that?

anyone any ideas?
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: airbag fault?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:06:58 pm »
there is a tread on here about this, is your code saying upper limit exceded? if so you need to remove the plugs under the seat and solder the wires together, mine had this code after hitting a cattle grid and it cleared down ok and hasnt come back

hope this helps mate
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
As Phil mentioned, I made a post recently about a similar issue. Does your code reader give a code you can lookup in a table, or can you scan it with VCDS to see exactly what airbag is bringing up the fault?

My fault related to the seat airbags - I cut off a plug and soldered the wires together and so far it's worked (cleared ther fault afterwards).

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39137.msg465739.html#msg465739

Taking the glovebox out is fairly easy though if you think it's the dash airbag.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:00:43 pm »
its not exceeded, its actualy giving me the code, cant remember the eexact numbers. but i looked it up in the book and it said passenger side
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:01:53 pm »
thanks for the help lads, ill have a look behind the glovebox 2mora and if that doesnt work its under warranty