Make a donation

Author Topic: Now what do I do with my standard GTI?  (Read 763 times)

Offline GTI Osprey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
Now what do I do with my standard GTI?
« on: December 18, 2011, 07:19:45 pm »
 :driver:

2005 Standard GTi with DSG

After doing some reading I've come to the conclusion there are a couple of things that I need  :evilgrin: - sorry want - to do that I'd appreciate some advice on?

1. I would like to upgrade the DV as I like the "whoosh" of an aftermarket but I don't want it to be too loud and chav-ish (is that even a word?) - everyone has the Forge but it needs maintenance and whilst I do routine maintenance I don't want the car up on ramps every couple of months so any other suggestions - must not make performance worse! I know this has been discussed repeatedly but are there any other options that don't just operate like a BOV and lose boost - Can the APR R1 be tailored for example?
2.  My car is a daily driver and I want to improve the chassis without lowering or making the ride any harsher (stiffer yes, harsher no!) or breaking the bank! On my V6 TT I managed this with H&R ARBs front and rear -so your collective advice please? Is the BBR handling kit and Whilteline Anti Lift kit the way to go?

All discussions welcome ... oh yes the car is already in the fastest colour ... black!  :wink:

Cheers,

Alex

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Now what do I do with my standard GTI?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 07:57:44 pm »
remap, WALK, rear ARB and OEM rev D DV with forge spacer. done.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Manney

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Now what do I do with my standard GTI?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 08:13:47 am »

As above + an induction kit to give you a bit more of the 'whoosh' that you desire.