Make a donation

Author Topic: £60 FINE for Metal Pressed plates!  (Read 17353 times)

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
Re: £60 FINE for Metal Pressed plates!
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2012, 10:57:00 pm »
Kwik Fit did say they do conform to the law and are LEGAL in their eyes.

Build: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40699.0.html

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

To Do: RNS/RCD510 | FBSW | Black BBS CH 18"

Nasir

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 01:41:02 am »
Ajay go to LK Performance in Cleckheaton and they'll order some Dubmeister plates in for you which are without a doubt legal. They'll give you a receipt so you can show the next officer you're not lying.

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2012, 01:50:47 am »
Cheers Nasir, yes i remember them doing the plates. I'll ask them about getting some made and to check mine for me when i go down to look at some Team Dynamics wheels.

Golf MK5 GT TDI | 35mm H&R Springs | Silver Cabon Fibre Inlays | 20% Rear Tints | Backbox Delete- Dual Tips | GTI Rear Valance

Offline Bikerz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2012, 10:06:02 am »
To be fair to them it must be hard to memorise every little intricate detail of the law considering they don't really even study law. But yes, it is frustrating when this happens. My best mate's a copper and I've caught him out on a few things to do with car legalities myself! Not confidence inspiring though is it haha!

Very true mates BF said its illegal not to have a spare wheel and hes a copper, I sent him upstairs to get his law book and proved him wrong, and then on a load of other motoring offences. Tho if they arnt sure why do someone for it, he just said he avoids anything hes not 100% on.

Nasir

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 11:06:51 am »
Cheers Nasir, yes i remember them doing the plates. I'll ask them about getting some made and to check mine for me when i go down to look at some Team Dynamics wheels.

Cool, which wheels are you going for? Same as Buzz?

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »

You know buzz? Lol. Yeah I think I might get those in black. Those are the only nice legit wheels to go for in a tight budget.

Nasir

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2012, 01:55:31 pm »

You know buzz? Lol. Yeah I think I might get those in black. Those are the only nice legit wheels to go for in a tight budget.

Lol ye he's a good friend. I helped him pick out the alloys. I think they'd look good in black. BTW we should have picked you up on NYE, bit of a let down on the night lol.

Offline ktlstar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 08:16:40 am »
Bumping this thread -

Is the Ebay ones that say 100% Legal are really Legal ?  Im on a hunt for some new plates.
- #1240 ED30 Revo STAGE2+
- Southeast - Vag Com owner

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 09:30:19 am »
I got mine from Dubmeister at GTI International a few years back. Never had any problems with them on several cars. Its a cherished plate, so i reuse them.

Dsg steel

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »
Had mine 6 months or so no problem as yet. Fingers cross

Offline AjayB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GT TDI
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2012, 01:56:50 pm »
Just an update on this, I know it's been a LOOOOONG time since the original post. The issue went to court and got everything drooped by the magistrates. It was a long process as it didn't go to court until last month.

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2012, 02:36:39 pm »
another factor i find aswell is the "attitude test"

2 mates of mine both got pulled by the same officer locally.
1 - got out and was an arse. got fined.
1 - got out all polite with standard plates in boot, got a lecture and sent away all good.

Obviously common sense prevails with this, your right. But I hate the fact this happens. Im not a huge fan of the police, I dont need to be polite if there is some officer telling me my plates are illegal if they are legal.

Argh they get on my nerves. half of them couldnt tell you what the definition of a dual carriage way was.

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2012, 03:02:00 pm »
Some interesting points on here, most notably those defending the police saying they shouldn't be expected to know every single piece of legislation.

The question comes about then, should they really be pulling people up on laws that they don't fully understand?
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2012, 06:55:04 pm »
Just an update on this, I know it's been a LOOOOONG time since the original post. The issue went to court and got everything drooped by the magistrates. It was a long process as it didn't go to court until last month.

Well done for taking it to court and standing up for what you believed was right!