Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf R DSG vs manual Megane RS  (Read 5708 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Golf R DSG vs manual Megane RS
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 10:28:39 pm »
not sure about a factory PQ35 chassis car with 265bhp and no Haldex tho... PVW did a back to back test of the Rocco and Golf and preferred the Golf iirc
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 10:51:01 pm »
not sure about a factory PQ35 chassis car with 265bhp and no Haldex tho... PVW did a back to back test of the Rocco and Golf and preferred the Golf iirc

Doesnt seemed to have harmed the Cupra R and the countless GTis/ED30 running that power and beyond...  :wink:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:46 pm »
hence why i said factory PQ35 car. the kind of person that's running Stage 2+ will also have sticky tyres, WALK, possibly an LSD etc. etc.
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 10:53:27 pm »
Talking from previous experience I wouldn't own a French car if you donated it to me!
 :popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 10:55:16 pm »
hence why i said factory PQ35 car. the kind of person that's running Stage 2+ will also have sticky tyres, WALK, possibly an LSD etc. etc.

Only need Stage 1 on an ED30/Cupra for that sort of power and i run mine without sticky tyres / LSD etc without driving into a hedge every day...

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=19sg17br0k63aub9l83i97mts6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 10:58:38 pm »

Only need Stage 1 on an ED30/Cupra for that sort of power and i run mine without sticky tyres / LSD etc without driving into a hedge every day...

2nd that...  :driver:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 11:06:58 pm »
But think how much more off the power you can use with a diff  :driver: so much more control

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=19sg17br0k63aub9l83i97mts6&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 11:08:31 pm »
But think how much more off the power you can use with a diff  :driver: so much more control

nah.... its more fun when the front end is grappling for grip. :signLOL:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 11:11:28 pm »
Yeah I had fun driving mine like that for years

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 11:52:14 pm »

not suggesting you do drive into a hedge every day. i assume that you're a good driver, and use the power when appropriate.

BUT at the end of the day the only manufacturer i'd trust to put more than about 250bhp through the front wheels only is Ford. just my opinion is all.

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 11:57:49 pm »
Had a couple of Renault Sports in my time and they have been some great interesting fun rides

VW all the way for me thou ........ build , sophistication and VW culture....awesome vehicles!

Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual-
Modifications-
E-Tuners 361 BHP - 350lbs
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
RNS510 with Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Heated Buckets
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 12:06:37 am »

not suggesting you do drive into a hedge every day. i assume that you're a good driver, and use the power when appropriate.

BUT at the end of the day the only manufacturer i'd trust to put more than about 250bhp through the front wheels only is Ford. just my opinion is all.

Yeh because VW are so incapable of engineering a solution for a 250hp+ fwd car unlike Ford who steal from Renault engineer there own solutions like Revo Knuckle :confused: :rolleye:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 12:11:20 am »
If this was the case there would have been a court case.

Also in fairness you can be certain ALL manufacturers reverse engineer all the competitors carsto ensure they stay competitive

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 12:39:45 am »

Also in fairness you can be certain ALL manufacturers reverse engineer all the competitors carsto ensure they stay competitive

Only trusting Ford is a weird statement to make when everything is reverse engineered but etto.

Putting 250+hp through the front wheels and controling it is hardly rocket science even i managed it so im pretty sure VW could :grin:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 12:48:57 am »

Only trusting Ford is a weird statement to make when everything is reverse engineered but etto.

Putting 250+hp through the front wheels and controling it is hardly putting man on the moon even i managed it so im pretty sure VW could :grin:

it was me who said i only trust Ford, not Janner. yes things are reverse engineered but they don't straight copy each other because of costs etc. some examples:

PQ35 cars have 4 link rear suspension, the Mk2 Focus had 5 link, the Civic has a torsion beam, as did the last Megane iirc so very different set ups.

i'm not doubting that VW have the capability, but they are limited by the bean counters wanting to make a car that is as profitable as possible. hence why we modify our cars to improve traction and handling.

my point is as a general rule of thumb if i was choosing two factory spec FWD cars and for arguments sake they both had more than about 250bhp and one was a Ford and one was a VAG car then the Ford is likely to handle better.

you can unpick what i said to death, but the above sentence was all i'm trying to say. feel free to agree or disagree.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:50:56 am by sub39h »