Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth Query - please help  (Read 7495 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Bluetooth Query - please help
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »
You would lose the function for Nav display on the highline if you use this kit  :happy2:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 09:42:27 pm »
Bummer that sux. So my only options are:

a. Replace my clocks with the white DIS, sounds like it's opening up another can of worms.
b. Use the 729B bluetooth and not have A2DP.

Don't really want to use non OEM stuff.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:12 am »
Personally find the A2DP is a bit rubbish.

I would add an MDI kit for audio use  :santa:

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 09:37:12 am »
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 09:59:26 am »
Yep, spent a lot of time last night trawling the web trying to understand this.

Seems that the Fiscon unit is really good, but two things putting me off are the price and the fact that it doesn't use a hidden mic like the OEM setup. I even had a look at the Dension, but that does not seem as well integrated using the CD port.

With the OEM setup with A2DP seems like, as you say, they are not very good. I am also led to believe that the RNS 510 can store music on the HDD making A2DP virtually obsolete anyways.

I have been reading about issues with the Iphone 4 and the 729B, have you heard anything about this?

It's crazy that you can buy the newer kits for under £200 and the older kit costs £400.

If I had to use the Fiscon, do you think there is a way I can mod the mic to use the OEM unit? And secondly, where is the best place to get them? Cheapest price I have found is £330.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 12:05:14 pm »

This is the reason alone that persuaded me to get an 7P6 module,oem mic and the loom from fleabay for under £125,I know that the phonebook info won't be on the highline but hey,all is displayed on the Rns anyways,all that needs doing is to fit it hopefully after the xmas break!
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »
Whereabouts are you based? I would like to have a look at your install once done to see exactly what works and what doesn't if you don't mind. When do you think you will get round to installing it?

Are you aware that, as SteveP mentioned, that you lose the nav ability on the Highline? I know this is not a big issues as mine does not seem to switch over to that when it's time to turn anyways and then switch back to MFA. It either always stays on MFA, which I prefer, or Nav, for which there is a screen anyways.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 01:12:40 pm »
The module is an A2DP compatible so streaming is an option but as you've just mentioned no phone info on the highline is not a issue as the Rns 510 displays all thats required.

Its compatible with most phones including the iphone that I have,will be hopefully installing after the new year,nav is displayed in the highline at the moment.

I'm in sunny Herts Btw.
 :congrats:
Module was suggested by the ever helpful Darren from this forum.

Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 01:26:17 pm »
My understanding is on the 7P6 kit you need to enable BAP protocol on the RNS otherwise it won't display on the RNS, this will cause the NAV menu to no longer be displayed on the highline.

Hence why the 7P6 is a good kit for people with the RNS but without the highline  :happy2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 02:10:06 pm »
Thanks for the info SteveP hadnt taken that into account,will see how it pans out when its all installed. :happy2:

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 02:42:06 pm »
Can i just ask what does A2DP adn rsap stand for?

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »
A2DP is for bluetooth streaming of music. Have a look here:

http://www.mobileburn.com/definition.jsp?term=A2DP

and rsap is Remote Sim Access Profile. It bascially allows the radio to access information on your sim card. The Iphone is not setup for rsap, but a lot of the newer phones are.

see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

Offline RSam84

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 12:17:06 pm »
cheers! seems like a right nightmare getting bluetooth working because unless youve got the most up to date display you seem to start loosing options?!

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »
Just had a chat with another member on here who has done this and he still had the Nav instructions on the red display. Going round to his tomorrow to scan and code the car. Very nice chap too. Will report back tomorrow once it's all done.

Offline kalu

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:15 pm »
My understanding is on the 7P6 kit you need to enable BAP protocol on the RNS otherwise it won't display on the RNS, this will cause the NAV menu to no longer be displayed on the highline.

Hence why the 7P6 is a good kit for people with the RNS but without the highline  :happy2:

Just had a chat with another member on here who has done this and he still had the Nav instructions on the red display. Going round to his tomorrow to scan and code the car. Very nice chap too. Will report back tomorrow once it's all done.

Just to clear up any confusion the 7P6 unit works fine without BAP enabled on RNS510 so you won't loose NAV options in your highline :)