Make a donation

Author Topic: ▀▄ Miglior Detailing: Subaru Impreza Cosworth STi SC400 - 1 of 75! ▄▀  (Read 3578 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111

Please take the time to view our full website!!
Detailing In Lancashire Manchester & North West - Miglior Detailing!

If you want to see daily update and photos, please follow us! Links are below!!

Subaru Cosworth Impreza STi CS400 - 1 of only 75!

About the car…

Cosworth Impreza STI CS400
Available for the UK market only, the Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 was announced in late May 2010. [17] Only 75 units built, the STI CS400 is powered by a 400 PS (294 kW; 395 hp) 2.5 liter turbocharged engine which has Cosworth engineered forged connecting rods, racing pistons, heavy duty cylinder head studs, multi-layered head gasket, and high pressure oil pump. The ECU had been remapped, and the new compressor design and wastegate actuator had been applied to the turbo. The exhaust system features larger capacity tubular manifold and bigger diameter downpipes. Clutch was also upgraded.
The Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 can be distinguished from the regular STI from its upper mesh grille with piano black finish on the top frame, modified front bumper with "Cosworth" emblem on the lower mesh grille, and lip spoiler, 18 inch Pro-Race alloy wheels in Anthracite Gray, and trunk waist spoiler.
To match its performance, the CS400 comes with Bilstein struts and Eibach springs for better quality ride, and better handling with less pitch and roll during cornering. Braking was updated by AP Racing's larger diameter ventilated front brakes with six-pot calipers.
Inside, the CS400 has Recaro leather seats with "Cosworth" label, piano black center console panel, and "Cosworth"-badged floor mats.

RRP £49,995

The car was brought to me with a few hundred miles on. The owner was concerned about some strange marks that had appeared after the car had been at the dealership. It turns out they washed the car and didn't do a brilliant job. On this occasion the swirl marks were not the most troubling addition to the car. It seems some highly caustic chemicals had been left all over the car mid wash. As if the valeter at the dealership had a quick break in the middle of doing this car. This left dull marks etched all over the car. On the glass, on the paint, on the light wheels etc. The brake calipers had taken a particular beating too!

The car was booked in for an enhancement detail plus a wheels off jobbie for me to get the best shot of hand polishing the wheels. Another thing the owner mentioned, the car had seemed to be undersealed at some point in manufacture. The story goes, these chassis for the Cosworth model were stored for a year or so as base STI models then one by one hand customised to a Cosworth model. In the interim, the cars had been undersealed, but there was a lot of overspray in the arches and wheels. Some of this was left over components that would benefit on the owner's request. It was removed from arch liners etc and wheels though but you will still some of it in the arches.

On to some pictures!

The car on arrival!

Damage and etching clear to see on the glass, harder to spot on the paintwork though, with the bright lights and silver paint.

First up, glass polishing!

50/50

The rest of the car…

Here you can see some etching marks on the paint on a flat part of the car

Onto the wash outside… not many pics as it was a dreadful day outside

Iron filings being removed..

Please click here for the rest of the write up...

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
 :happy2:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
Awesome results Jay, you never cease to amaze and impress. There is a black one of these bombing around Strat and it does sound very tasty!!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
What do you use to polish the glass?

Awesome car...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
Stunning!!!

The amount of effort and the extent of these details never ceases to amaze me  :notworthy:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Amazing that they left so much crap on at the dealers.

Love the return of the original finish.

Probably a stupid question, but why did you polish the glass before you washed the car?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Thanks guys.

Stealth... The glass was done before I washed it because What was on the glass could have been a multitude of things each needing a different system to remove the residue. Some methods are quite messy and would require a wash after. So there was no point washing the car before in case I needed to get down and dirty with the glass ;)

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
 It's hard to believe the dealers would leave the car in such a mess , it proves that most dealers dont have a clue about the cleaning process. A lovely finish there mate  :congrats:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
ANd what did you use to polish the glass please? Never know what's good, heard metal polish once just don;t build up too much heat...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Jogon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 8
Another great job..... :happy2:

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
ANd what did you use to polish the glass please? Never know what's good, heard metal polish once just don;t build up too much heat...

x2
if you pay that amount of money for a car and you get a crap serivce and finish-it must take the edge off of the joy of biying/owning.
bloody amazing job yet again :congrats:

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"