Make a donation

Author Topic: snow.... glorious snow... (in the alps)  (Read 4010 times)

Offline dnLcal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: snow.... glorious snow... (in the alps)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:38 pm »
Saalbach Austria on 14th Jan
Can't wait to get on the mountain!

Offline theo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 08:33:18 pm »
We did a day in VT when we were staying just down the valley at Les Menuires, (great runs but apres seriously lacking!!), we only stayed till 5pm when our taxi picked us up so missed the apres  :sad1:

I'm back to VT in January for the 4th year running. The apres is getting better and better there now! I cant wait!!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 12:40:24 am »
Best Apres ever has got to be Ischgl in Austria, its awesome!, you need a big wallet tho it aint cheap, 2 double Vodka and Cokes £32!!!!.

Me and my best mate sat in a bar one afternoon (about 6pm) and a bunch of young russian kids (all likely around 16 and mainly girls) went up to the bar and bought a 5L bottle of Vodka for 1000 Euro, she just peeled off 10 x 100 euro notes off a bundle, I was gobsmacked  :surprised:

Its full of Russian oligarchs too you see these massive blokes who look like bouncers wandering round the shops with supermodels on their arms!.

Oh and its normal hotel policy to go in sauna naked which is ace when 80% of the guests at the hotel are Russian  :evilgrin:  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:43:27 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:20 am »
..... And its STILL snowing in Morzine / Avoriaz. Morzine town is white again today too so its snowing nice and low.

Cant wait to go now!
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 01:36:36 pm »
Best Apres ever has got to be Ischgl in Austria, its awesome!, you need a big wallet tho it aint cheap, 2 double Vodka and Cokes £32!!!!.

Me and my best mate sat in a bar one afternoon (about 6pm) and a bunch of young russian kids (all likely around 16 and mainly girls) went up to the bar and bought a 5L bottle of Vodka for 1000 Euro, she just peeled off 10 x 100 euro notes off a bundle, I was gobsmacked  :surprised:

Its full of Russian oligarchs too you see these massive blokes who look like bouncers wandering round the shops with supermodels on their arms!.

Oh and its normal hotel policy to go in sauna naked which is ace when 80% of the guests at the hotel are Russian  :evilgrin:  :signLOL:

Exactly the same as Courchevel 1850. I have been to Monte Carlo etc etc..and have never seen money like I did in Courch. Full of Russians just throwing cash about like it's going out of fashion. Took the ex out there for a meal one night there. Two starters, Two pastas and a bottle of wine, was north of 300 euro! Didn't fancy going for the 28,000 euro bottle of wine that was on the wine list!

Driving up the mountain one night there was an Enzo, F40 and F50 stuck at the side of the road, what a sight that was!  :drool:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 10:12:32 am »
Well im back online after my Holidays in les Deux Alpes, never seen as much snow in 13 years of snowboarding holidays!!.

I think while we were there we had approx 1.5m of snow!!.

Good resort with good apres but a word of warning some of the blue runs in Les 2 Alpes are more like UPHILL Cross country runs!!!  :fighting:, so basically when you approach blue runs in les 2 aples, its maximum attack mode im afraid, I also found a free app for Iphone (called Les 2 Alpes) which logs your maximum speed, number of descents and total km distance covered which is handy.

My highest numbers for a day from the holiday were as below.

Descents 23
KM Covered 116.54
Maximum speed 86kph (53.75mph) (attained on a nice steep(ish) blue run coming down to the cretes chair lift (nice and smooth and not too busy).

I also managed to get wiped out buy a skier who was not looking where he was going!, I was probably doing about 45mph at the time and that did not tickle!!, not a happy boy and the frenchie got a mouthfull for that!.

Bar Crawl on Monday was hectic and next day was oh so slow lol.
We also won the Thursday night quiz in the Hotel, we won by two points, one of which was a tough one and all but one of our team looked at each other puzzled?.

Question:- In the Kids TV programme "Postman Pat"what is Postman pats Surname?.

Wer all looked at each other and were like whaaatttt?

It was then that my mates girlfirned quetly whispered in my mates ear that she thought it might be "Clifton", we asked how she might know that and it turns out her mother used used to say to her when she was younger that as her  family name was clifton and they both knew the TV programme they decided to name her after Postmans Pats Cat "Jess" so our team meber "jess Clifton" helped us win the prize (worth 100 Euro)  :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:20:10 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14