Make a donation

Author Topic: Laptop or mac book  (Read 3848 times)

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Laptop or mac book
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:11:49 pm »
going to buy myself a new laptop or mac book in the next few days but cant make my mind up,got an iphone 4 so am i better off with a mac book?

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Laptop or mac book
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:14:56 pm »
Yeah, with a MacBook your life will be 30x better and you will at last feel fulfilled. Expect promotion at work and you'll pull an amazingly attractive woman.

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »
Yeah, with a MacBook your life will be 30x better and you will at last feel fulfilled. Expect promotion at work and you'll pull an amazingly attractive woman.
cheers mate going to order one now :signLOL:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 09:20:00 pm »
What an attractive woman?  :party:

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 09:21:11 pm »
What an attractive woman?  :party:
any links to a good site :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:55:49 pm »

And your wallet will be empty (and not from the woman)  :smiley:

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 10:20:51 pm »
Ive got a macbook pro it'll take you a couple of days to get use to all the gestures and shortcuts but once you do....YOU WILL LOVE IT. get the the 13 if you want portability for me its the ideal size!!

Lets us know how you get on!

PS i had a windows laptop can NEVER go back to one.  Also bear in mind the macs hold their value have a look on ebay......so always good when resale comes.  
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 10:29:27 pm »
thanks, its the 13" i've been looking at,are they easy to get use to?

Offline m4t_lee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 10:30:51 pm »
I work with both, they both do the same thing essentially just depends on budget. Mac is built better and you won't suffer from viruses, laptop is cheaper :)
06 Shadow Blue GTI

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 10:38:23 pm »
Without wanting to sound rude....If you can work a sky remote... you can work a mac.  I really was scared to make the jump.  I watched a few of the tutorials on the apple website before and after I got the laptop and after that I learnt the gestures on the keyboards. (found under settings) It is so easy to use its untrue.  I'd say it took me a couple of weeks.  Would have been quicker but I was far too busy.

I'll give you an example...originally I had a 15" mac decided it was far too big and sold it for the latest macbook 13" lost 60 in trading via ebay and buying from apple...I saved all my info onto a hard drive and used "migration assistant" to help me move my data onto the new laptop.  My new laptop was EXACTLY as my old laptop all I had to do was click and follow the simple instructions.  I couldn't believe how simple it was.  Also time machine is a Godsend.  

Id say book an appointment into your local store and asked to be shown around a mac.  They're very helpful.

Also I have windows on my mac and have had no compatibility issues.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39:02 pm »
I work with both, they both do the same thing essentially just depends on budget. Mac is built better and you won't suffer from viruses, laptop is cheaper :)

I feel a mac does it better! but each to their own.

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 62
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »
Mac all the way.   =  :happy2:

I was brought up on PCs but if I never see another one, it will be too soon!  :xmassmiley:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=et01227e45b8jebsldp73qom1j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 10:40:43 pm »
I love macs but feck me they are expensive.

Offline mjt

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 10:48:48 pm »
thanks for all the replies,just not sure about going from a 15" laptop to a 13" macbook but the 15"ones are about £500 more

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »
see if you can borrow someone's laptop who has a 13"?  You can get a student discount if you know a student?