Make a donation

Author Topic: Break in  (Read 7688 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Break in
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 09:24:39 am »
When I was away for my holidays 17th through to 24th December, I left my car outside my own house but my keys were left at my mates house 3 miles away, if they broke in they would find an empty house (pretty much just a bed in there) as I only use it for a weekend crash pad which gets used around 5 times per year, the rest of the time I live at my parents summer house in sunny Norfolk.

Hate the thought of thieving scum in your house while you sleep, i cant say what i would do if i woke up to that!  :fighting:
Is this a wind up post?  :grin:

Aren't you a privileged one.  :laugh:

Not exactly privelidged, I live in their summer house as I run the family business (Which is based in Norfolk, hence necessity rather than a choice!) while they are away enjoying their semi-retirement.

Oh and for the funny guy who mentioned Verbier (Parker), I have never been! I dont do pretentious resorts, try to avoid as best I can,  I prefer fun resorts with good snowboarding and sensible prices (hopefully meaning I can go twice a year!).

Now chaps rather than taking a stab at me, back on point eh?!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:29:32 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:42 am »
Dude, it's Friday, we're just having a bit of fun!

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 11:11:48 am »
When we were calling the police about the break in I was moaning about them a bit, saying they won't turn up for 2 days and then come and do nothing etc etc, I couldn't have been more wrong, they were there in about 30 mins and the SOCO guy was about 5 mins behind them. They asked all the usual questions and took my parents finger prints, not mine or my gf or daughter though which I thought was strange. Haven't heard anything about mums car which I expected to be found dumped somewhere, have had to wheel my old mk4 golf out of the garage for her to run around in til they get something sorted.

I can't agree more - we live in Sheffield and the police were great with us arriving really quickly. They also sent a crime prevention officer around who gave us some shock alarms (small alarms for each window, door, etc which go off if the window is smashed) for all the windows. He also checked out our property and gave us pointers for what we could do to deter thieves in future. It would be good if you could ask your local police force if they have such a service as some of the questions that you're asking ( names of good alarm companies, etc) could be answered.

Hi Carla, the crime prevention offofier was round at my parents yesterday and did all the things you said, was all about tightening up security a bit. Also left the names of a few local reputable security companies and a few of the bigger national ones as well. All good advice, just hope my parents follow the advice!!!!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 11:44:17 am »
Friday or not, it did not read as funny to me, glad you all enjoyed it, now I have to go as the gardener has just arrived and I need him to mow the south estate lawns as they are looking a tad long :booty:

ON a more serious note, glad the coppers are taking it seriously, hope they manage to match up some prints and bang up some scrotes!.
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline am1w

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 03:30:39 pm »
Just read this.
How really awful. Makes me sick and angry.
This sort of thing seems to be happining more often in Yorkshire. It seems there is a big gang stealing Mk5/ Mk6 GTIs and Mk6 Rs.
It's bound to get worse as we merrily head into recession.
Wolfgang: Tornado Red Mk6 GTI Manually Active 5 Door