Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth Query - please help  (Read 7494 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: Bluetooth Query - please help
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 10:17:40 pm »
Yes very nice  :wink:

My understanding is on the 7P6 kit you need to enable BAP protocol on the RNS otherwise it won't display on the RNS, this will cause the NAV menu to no longer be displayed on the highline.

Hence why the 7P6 is a good kit for people with the RNS but without the highline  :happy2:

I don't remember enabling BAP on the 7P6 I had Steve. I thought BAP was only needed to get the RNS on white displays and was done on the RNS.

I'm pretty sure I used to get NAV on my R32 on the DIS but no phone as the 7P6 wont talk to the Red display. No bother with a RNS.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Re: Bluetooth Query - please help
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:38 pm »
Thats a relief then as I will be installing my 7P6 in the next few days,I have mk6 mfsw and BAP is disabled and most of the buttons work,I was hoping I wont lose NAV on highline but you guys have proved otherwise!

Great news!
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................