Make a donation

Author Topic: Blinding Bi-Xenons/Xenons  (Read 3901 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: Blinding Bi-Xenons/Xenons
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 02:09:20 pm »
I honestly wouldn't have a car without them - and I never get flashed.

+1
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 03:35:34 pm »
I get flashed all the time, people think I have my main beams on, they then drive behind me and put on their main beams, or cars opposite of the junction put on their main beams, its doing my head in. The car goes through its self adjusting procedure but seems to be angling them up too high.

Gonna try and adjust em somehow, if not means a trip audi.

The only benefit of the dazzling is that people quickly get out of my way  :signLOL:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fnmret14jtamq9tmvt0o7d72qf&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 04:52:26 pm »
The only time i get flashed is on long sweeping left hand corners where the kicked up beam is pointing towards the oncoming traffic.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:31:54 pm by richwig83 »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 05:31:31 pm »
I have found that in the winter i get dazzled a lot, discovered it was my own fault. I found that a dirt film on my own side window and screen was causing the light to dazzle.  :happy2:

Offline am1w

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 01:51:24 pm »
Was patiently waiting at a bus stop on High Street Kensington and started counting how many cars had Xenons and which ones seemed a bit off. Out of 100 cars, only 8 had Xenons and out of these 8 cars, 3 blinded me. Oh, I was sitting down and  freezing.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:54:53 pm by am1w »
Wolfgang: Tornado Red Mk6 GTI Manually Active 5 Door

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 02:40:02 pm »
Was patiently waiting at a bus stop on High Street Kensington and started counti ng how many cars had Xenons and which ones seemed a bit off. Out of 100 cars, only 8had Xenons and out of these 8 cars, 3 blinded me. Oh, I was sitting down and  freezing.

but the patter of the beam is not uniform so your observation won't be directly applicable to a driving situation. i think the nearside of the car has a higher light intensity than the offside, to avoid blinding drivers coming the other way. kinda like this:

2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 03:31:56 pm »
I find some cars are better than others. Most Mercs and most A4 audis seem to blind me.

I do wonder how many came out the factory with them incorrectly aimed as this was a big problem with mk5 GTI's when they were new.

HID kits just skatter the light and blind me every one i see round.
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 04:02:45 pm »
Well this thread made me go and double check my light settings at the Kwikfit MOT down the road, and all is well. Lights are set perfectly according to the MOT regs. Excellent. I hate being blinded myself, especially as my eyesight is marginal anyways, lol.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline am1w

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 04:39:33 pm »
I find some cars are better than others. Most Mercs and most A4 audis seem to blind me.

I do wonder how many came out the factory with them incorrectly aimed as this was a big problem with mk5 GTI's when they were new.

HID kits just skatter the light and blind me every one i see round.

You're on the money! 2 were A4s and the other one a C Class Merc! Oh, there was a Mk4 Golf with Halogens which though badly out of kilter, did not blind me too badly.

I do love Xenons. It was because of my ignorance and mean streak that I did not factory order the beauties. Two guys on the Mk6 section on the 'other' forum changed their Xenonless cars for a Xenon fested night life. I'll try and not be that extreme.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:49:35 pm by am1w »
Wolfgang: Tornado Red Mk6 GTI Manually Active 5 Door

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 05:05:03 pm »
I kept getting flashed when I first had my car.  It got taken back to VW three times for re-levelling before they got it right.  Now I get the occasional flash usually because the oncoming car has caught them at the wrong angle as I'm going round a bend.  It's always non-xenon drivers that flash me too. 

I will never buy a car without xenons again.  I do a lot of driving in the dark due to my shift times and live semi-rurally so now I've had them I'd never be without them.  They really do turn night into day and I love them.

FOR SALE!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »
Cheap HID kits in reflector headlights are what will blind you the most. They scatter light everywhere.

Mk4 golf owners love them!

Yep, there's one in particular that I often see on my way or way home from work and his are REALLY bright.

FOR SALE!