Make a donation

Author Topic: My Revo stage 2 results and RDT review  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
My Revo stage 2 results and RDT review
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:07 am »
Well after being new to the golf world and searching what seemed like endless threads looking for info on mapping and tuning of the tfsi engine ive decidied to tell my story and journey to where iam now, it may be of use to someone who was in my shoes.

Bit of background to my story is i had an evo 6 at 400bhp and sold it to get my manual ed30 completley standard, it was a totally different car and not in a bad way, but i felt it needed more power. So i looked into what i could do and decided to go stage 2 on revo software! Now im aware there are lots of options but this was my choice, down to customer support and the size and development of the brand that is Revo!

So from here i fitted a turbo back Vwracing exhaust and Neuspeed p-flo induction kit to not only enable me to go to stage 2 but also for better looks and sound! While at the same time started looking for a well trusted local tuner who could install the Revo and i stumbled across a gem!!

His name is Will Hinchcliffe and is based in Doncaster just off the motorway, his company is called Race Dyno Tuning (RDT) and not only does he offer Revo tuning but engine rebuilds,  aftermarket ecu tuning and a whole host more!
Id used Will before to map my ek9 civic a few years ago so was pleased to see his name pop up on the Revo dealers website as he did an amazing job and was straight on the phone to him to book in!

So i showed up at Wills unit on wed 21st dec and got staright down to it! Got the car up in the air, wheels off and bolted to the hub dyno! Now i was happy to hear the car was gonna be set up on a dyno( rather than used some lad and a laptop uploading a file and ragging my car down some dual carriageway!) but even happier when i heard it was a hub dyno, these things are so accuarte!

Will got to work on it and i watched the reults come in, below are the results i ended up with.
The car is an edition 30, neuspeed p-flo and tbe Vwracing exhaust with sports cat. and im on revo settings B6 T2 F8
There is a dip at 3500rpm that Will and I cant figure out and hes asking revo about. Im not sure what it is to be fair? we tried having a look and tweaking the figures on revo settings but nothing cahnged it, the car is manual so no dsg limitations? car has no boost leaks, not sure on clutch wear but it doesnt seem to slip on the road? cant of been wheelspin cause its bolted to the dyno via the hubs?

Overview:
Im very happy with how the car drives, it feels amazing compared to how it was before the map! The more threads i put up the more im aware now of the dip in power and torque so going to look into it a little more now and see what comes up. But that aside im happy with both the car and the service provided by Will@RDT and would recommend anyone interested to contact him and have a chat, hes a very smart chap and is always keen to help and advise!

All details for Will are here:
Will Hinchcliffe
Race Dyno Tuning
www.RDT.tv
01302 215337/07500 702615
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: My Revo stage 2 results and RDT review
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 12:15:47 pm »
Uprated HPFP with the RS4 valve would help a lot.

For the HPFP:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39797.0.html  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:20:53 pm by danishmkvgti »

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:24:19 pm »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:24:00 pm »
Glad to see you're happy mate and you have made the right choice of mods too  :happy2: Timing is set very low and boost can normally be raised higher on most cars during the colder weather, but each car is different and it also depends on how you want the power delivered..

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:03:06 pm »
Nice to see Will still using the hub dyno :)

Timing is extremely low, did you do any road logging as well?

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »
we didnt do any road logging but i took it for a good old drive and put it through its paces and that dip is definately not noticeable on the road!! this thing pulls like a train!

timing may be low but thats where no knock was detected, the timing did get put at 4 and made more torque and no extra power and started to introduce the slighest bit of knock at the top end. this is not something that i or will wanted so the timing was pulled back! this is not a track car and is a daily that i wanted safe for many years to come, ive had cars on the limilt of tuning before and its not what i wanted from the golf!

i understand revo suggest certain settings for different states of tune but my wants and my engine are different to others and the car is where i want it to be so in honesty im not fussed  :booty:

as for the curve and dip in power, this isnt the first graph ive seen like that and looking at my standard power it has the same dip as after revo! if i felt this on the road it would be a different matter but there is not hesitation or power loss!

all smiles from me  :happy2:
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon