Make a donation

Author Topic: Any sky engineers - help needed  (Read 1170 times)

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
Any sky engineers - help needed
« on: January 03, 2012, 07:01:28 pm »
Hi all
  I'm after some help if possible. I'm looking into getting sky hd and also sky+ anytime. In my area I can only get sky connect broadband not the free lite or the £7.50 all inclusive. The person I spoke to at sky told me I couldn't have sky+ anytime because of the broadband in my area is this right?  The reason for my question is my mate lives round the corner gets the same broadband as me - I think it's called sky connect costs £17 and gets anytime. Any help would be great

Cheers all

Andy

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Any sky engineers - help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:23 pm »
I ain't sure I have understood you right, but I have sky+ HD and I also have sky anytime but I don't have my broadband with sky. As far as I know, sky anytime has nothing to do with broadband

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 10:30:55 pm »
I ain't sure I have understood you right, but I have sky+ HD and I also have sky anytime but I don't have my broadband with sky. As far as I know, sky anytime has nothing to do with broadband

Me too. I don't have the phone line connected to the box and never have done, so not sure about the broadband association as anytime is downloaded via the dish?
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »
In order to have Sky Anytime+, you have to have Sky Broadband unlimited. Its part of the package.

Everyone just gets regular Sky Anytime.

What i think the OP is saying, is that he cant get Sky Broadband Unlimited where he is, probably because of the type of service provider. You have to have a BT line to be able to get Sky Broadband Unlimited.

Sounds like there might only be a different phone line supplier in the area, which means you can only hop on Sky using this Sky Connect, whatever that is.

Offline MarkMarked

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:37:31 pm »
In order to have Sky Anytime+, you have to have Sky Broadband unlimited. Its part of the package.

Or have VirginMedia TV service  :happy2: which upsets a lot of Sky people  who can't get the correct broadband package

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 08:00:29 am »

Everyone just gets regular Sky Anytime.

What i think the OP is saying, is that he cant get Sky Broadband Unlimited where he is, probably because of the type of service provider. You have to have a BT line to be able to get Sky Broadband Unlimited.

Sounds like there might only be a different phone line supplier in the area, which means you can only hop on Sky using this Sky Connect, whatever that is.

Cheers for the replies so far fellas.

Thats kind of what I'm saying.  We have got BT in our area but when I spoke to sky they told me they didn't have enough room on my exchange to give me the sky unlimited service.  However they could 'rent' some more room off BT but they don't provide the umlimited service when they do broadband this way as they cannot guarantee the service and hence why I couldnt get anytime+.  This all makes sense but like I said my mate gets anytime+ and only gets sky connect broadband @£17/month.

I think I might have to have another call to sky.

Cheers again

Andy