Make a donation

Author Topic: Quaife Differential group buy. Now going ahead!!  (Read 10295 times)

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Quaife Differential group buy
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »

1. TT-Turbo
2. Edition_30_P
3. Kregiel GTI
4. Tfsi Mike  - manual

Cheers Mike, glad to have you aboard  :smiley:

If I can get another name down I will make the call and get some discount rates.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:54:49 pm by TT-Turbo »

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 12:53:30 pm »
Jeez they hack those rivets out don't they!?:confused:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 12:57:21 pm »
Jeez they hack those rivets out don't they!?:confused:

haha, yeah it looked quite brutal but shows how strong that crown-wheel is!

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 12:59:59 pm »
Yeah I'd want them to treat mine a bit better not to damage crown wheel so to avoid inducing cracks/breakages... take it that's in america...

Just about to have a clutch/DMF fitted in upcoming months so might be a good time to get this done... will think about it...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 01:01:37 pm »
i got the wavetrac diff fitted - gotta be done if you are modding it to full potential and set on keeping car, if you plan to upgrade to something else within couple of years prob not worth the outlay as is not a mod that can be reversed/easily reversed.

when i got mine was told that peloquin was only one that came with bolts - quaife and wavetrac required them.

getting it and sachs clutch was biggest bill have had on the car so far  :rolleye:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 01:05:53 pm »
Yeah I'd want them to treat mine a bit better not to damage crown wheel so to avoid inducing cracks/breakages... take it that's in america...

Just about to have a clutch/DMF fitted in upcoming months so might be a good time to get this done... will think about it...

In all honesty I think a hammer would come off worse against the Crown-wheel, but I think a little more care could of been taken to do that. The yanks do seem to think power is the best method at times, still the job got done but hopefully with no ill after effects!

Well it's not much extra work if you have the gearbox off to do the clutch. I'm looking to do the same and change the clutch and flywheel at the same time. I would imagine maybe an extra 2 hours work to actually swap the diff around, well worth it if it's within budget.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 01:08:57 pm »
i got the wavetrac diff fitted - gotta be done if you are modding it to full potential and set on keeping car, if you plan to upgrade to something else within couple of years prob not worth the outlay as is not a mod that can be reversed/easily reversed.

when i got mine was told that peloquin was only one that came with bolts - quaife and wavetrac required them.

getting it and sachs clutch was biggest bill have had on the car so far  :rolleye:

Yeah it's not a oil service bill for sure but well worth it in the long run.

Will be looking into the bolt fitting kits but am under the impression that they come with it. Could be wrong so will find all of this out in due time. I know wavetrac you need to buy them extra but with Quaife hopefully should be included.

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:18 pm »
Maybe they supply it now.  I know that I had to get them separately as did HarryVRS over on the Briskoda site.

In fairness to our American friends, I don't think there is a gentle way of getting the old ones out - that's a bench drill with a high quality drill bit, a steam chisel and a bit of 'percussion adjustment'

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:51:23 pm by muckipup »

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 01:49:09 pm »
Maybe they supply it now.  I know that I had to get them separately as did HarryVRS over on the Briskoda site

Could well be on the money but will have to look into this when I give them a call. Where did you get yours from out of interest?

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 01:51:52 pm »
JKM supplied and fitted mine  :happy2:

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:40 pm »
I'd be game for this, depending on when. I'd also prefer Quaife (I think I'm quite close to them) or JKM to fit mine.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:19 pm »
JKM supplied and fitted mine  :happy2:

Seems JKM have stopped most of their bulk online parts catalogue. Will have to wait and see what Quaife comes back with and will move from there.

I'd be game for this, depending on when. I'd also prefer Quaife (I think I'm quite close to them) or JKM to fit mine.

Well I will be planning on letting this group buy run for a month at least before I go ahead with an order. Mainly so people can plan their finances a little bit with this as is a little bit more than other mods! Also the more people the better discount which 5% on a item like this makes a big difference in price. What time frame works for you out of interest? If you are up for this then add your name to the list as this would make the minimum 5 needed.  :wink:

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 02:15:41 pm »
Yeah, I JKM stopped their online webshop but I think they can still supply over the counter but am not sure - am in there on Friday so can ask.

ARP bolts here:  ARP bolts here: http://arp-bolts.com/

or I think Regal Motorsport and other in the UK can supply (if not already supplied by Quaife)

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 02:42:22 pm »
Well it's good to know you can get hold of them for around the £80 mark in the UK. Hopefully it won't come to that but will look into the options when I know more. Cheers for helping out  :happy2:

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 02:53:20 pm »
Add me also :D

1. TT-Turbo
2. Edition_30_P
3. Kregiel GTI
4. Tfsi Mike  - manual