Make a donation

Author Topic: Quaife Differential group buy. Now going ahead!!  (Read 10299 times)

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Quaife Differential group buy
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »
Add me also :D

1. TT-Turbo
2. Edition_30_P
3. Kregiel GTI
4. Tfsi Mike  - manual
5. James - Manual

Excellent! I will get hold of the Quaife's and will go from there.

Cheers all!

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 10:38:50 pm »
For me it depends on the savings to be had here - but I'd probably be really keen on this too.
So at this stage of the list put me down for slot number 6.

BTW Manual Ed30 diff required.

Offline the bruce

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »
What sort of labour costs is it to have a diff fitted to a manual car

.....but is more simple than a clutch change. Gearbox stays in situ but driveshafts will come out.

?????????????????????????
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:38 am »
I think I know where the confusion lies with the ARP bolts. The Quaife DSG comes complete with the fitting kit, but my understanding is that the manual needs the kit ordering. I had the DSG Quaife fitted to my old ED30, so know it comes with the kit. I ordered mine from Spitfire performance as they are local to me and got almost £100 off the list price and they delivered it free to Statllers where I had it fitted. I phoned Quaife direct and they couldn't offer me any discount at all.

I will be speaking to Quaife at Autosport International as I need to know if they are going to offer a DSG ATB diff for the polo GTI.  :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 12:03:19 pm »
For me it depends on the savings to be had here - but I'd probably be really keen on this too.
So at this stage of the list put me down for slot number 6.

BTW Manual Ed30 diff required.

Cheers Bernhard, I've put you down on slot number 6.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 12:05:08 pm »
What sort of labour costs is it to have a diff fitted to a manual car

.....but is more simple than a clutch change. Gearbox stays in situ but driveshafts will come out.

?????????????????????????

Yeah I quickly realised this was not going to be the case. I got some bad information and also am used to seeing diff's out on racing cars which are done in place without the box needing to come off. You can see I changed my answer on that one further down the page  :grin:

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 12:12:19 pm »
I think I know where the confusion lies with the ARP bolts. The Quaife DSG comes complete with the fitting kit, but my understanding is that the manual needs the kit ordering. I had the DSG Quaife fitted to my old ED30, so know it comes with the kit. I ordered mine from Spitfire performance as they are local to me and got almost £100 off the list price and they delivered it free to Statllers where I had it fitted. I phoned Quaife direct and they couldn't offer me any discount at all.

I will be speaking to Quaife at Autosport International as I need to know if they are going to offer a DSG ATB diff for the polo GTI.  :driver:

Ah ha, right that makes more sense then why I was thinking the bolts came with it. Will have to find the cheapest place to get some of the ARP bolts and maybe if bought in bulk could get a better deal on them. It may be cheaper to go direct if buying 6 odd sets. Will have an investigate on this one.

The price of the DSG diff normally is £930 so he probably gave you a around a 10% discount which if buying 5-10 should be 15-20% so makes it worth while. The main manufacturer of parts will very rarely give any discount if your buying just one, if you buy several then they would be more interested.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 01:03:15 pm »

As said in the PM, they want to develop one, but need a doner gearbox. 

They need the gearbox for 3 days(on its own and not bolted to a car), they will arrange courier to collect/drop off, then its around 12-16 weeks for them to produce the full batch  ( they produce a large output initially as its cheaper to manufacture in bulk)

I Would have offered mine, but i dont have the facility to remove/reinstall the gearbox. 

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »

As said in the PM, they want to develop one, but need a doner gearbox. 

They need the gearbox for 3 days(on its own and not bolted to a car), they will arrange courier to collect/drop off, then its around 12-16 weeks for them to produce the full batch  ( they produce a large output initially as its cheaper to manufacture in bulk)

I Would have offered mine, but i dont have the facility to remove/reinstall the gearbox. 

Yep, that is the conversation I will be having with them. I can "donate" my gearbox to them in February. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Been-0

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:05 pm »
Hi

Is this open? If so I maybe interested, I have a VW Golf MK5 GT TDI BKD 140 2005(55 plate). It really depends on the price, I was thinking of buying the Peloquim LSD... Would any1 know which would be better or isit a case there both pritty much the same?

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »
Hi

Is this open? If so I maybe interested, I have a VW Golf MK5 GT TDI BKD 140 2005(55 plate). It really depends on the price, I was thinking of buying the Peloquim LSD... Would any1 know which would be better or isit a case there both pritty much the same?

Yeah there isn't a specific car that this group buy is open to. However I'm sure the diff on your car is the same on the GTI and ED30 and most VAG MK2 versions.

Well I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between the diff's. I know Quaife is one of the largest diff manufacturers in the world and also comes with a lifetime warranty on every part. Price wise normally they are pretty similar. It's personal preference really but personally I'm setting this group buy up with Quaife for a reason, I reckon they have the best LSD diff. Guess Ford put their diff on the Focus RS for a reason too.

In terms of price I'm guessing a 10-20% discount depending on numbers so a good opportunity to get one if you are considering it.

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 10:59:45 pm »
great stuff TT Turbo keep us all posted!

no winter this year in DUblin so might just fit it and enjoy straight away!

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 12:08:56 am »
great stuff TT Turbo keep us all posted!

no winter this year in DUblin so might just fit it and enjoy straight away!

Paul

Will keep all posted to how things go. What gearbox do you have on your GTI? Just so I can specify what diff's we are after  :smiley:

Offline Been-0

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 11:28:53 am »
Can you put me on the list :), when would you looking to placing the order for them? My gearbox is a manual.

Offline TT-Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 11:48:20 am »
Can you put me on the list :), when would you looking to placing the order for them? My gearbox is a manual.

No problem  :happy2:

Would most likely looking to put an order through in a month's time. That way it would be easier for all to prepare for cost etc. The order may take 1-2 weeks to fulfil from Quaife but payment would be due before the order is made. I could put the order date back a little bit longer if people feel they need a bit more time with this. Also the longer we leave the GB open for the better chance of getting higher number for the order and therefore getting a better discount rate. Not far from the 10 mark now which is fantastic!