Make a donation

Author Topic: My 55 MKV 1.9TDI - Poverty Spec - Update 10/01/12 - Page 2 :)  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
My 55 MKV 1.9TDI - Poverty Spec - Update 10/01/12 - Page 2 :)
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:37 pm »
Hey,

I've posted on here a couple of times, never made a 'Readers Rides' thread though so here goes.

Bought the car in August but the first few months progress was slow due to my girlfriend having a baby, busy with work and trying to afford that and a house at 21 times do get hard, luckily though i recieved a pay rise in the start of december so its all plain sailing from here and i can finally get cracking :)

The day i picked her up with 71k (ish, cant remember exactly) FVWSH, and immaculate bodywork and interior, it was the 27th MK5 i looked at and it was the cleanest of the bunch and hadn't been clocked which was more common than i thought  :grin:

2 days later i got some free S line wheels in need of refurb (I'm good at this blagging ;))

These wheels wont be on for much longer (they're better than wheeltrims), i will be getting 19" speedlines at the end of Feb/March, anyway they were powdercoated 'mirror black':

Then i got bored of the look, so i invested in a GT facelift bumper with chrome Jetta grill (to match mirror polished lip when i get speedlines):

Then i blagged myself a free GTI exhaust system in great condition with the chrome tips:

Also blagged a free GTI rear bumper to go with it of course ;):

Then for xmas i was undecided on what i wanted so my wonderful girlfriend bought me some GTI sideskirts from VW:

Thats all for now, rear bumper and exhaust will be on tommorow, sideskirts wont be on for a few weeks til i next get paid though, as i'm saving to have the sideskirts, bumpstrips, handles, front bumper and rear bumper painted all in one go.

After that will be a remap at Awesome GTI, Tints, Speedlines then finally coilovers (Not getting them til after the wheels, sorry guys :))

In the meantime though, i want some black GTI headlights and the gloss black door pillars, if anyone has these please inbox me i have cash waiting.  :drinking:

Thanks for looking guys,

Comments/critisisms and ideas are more than welcome, i need to stay away from the classifieds or i'm going to have to sell my house  :signLOL:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:09:55 pm by Dave_TDI »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: My 55 MKV 1.9TDI - Poverty Spec - Making Progress ;)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:25 pm »
Liking the new mods look forward to the pics,now get it debadged

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 09:57:10 pm »
Cheers mate, the Golf badge is off, left the TDI one on for now, also need a new VW boot handle thing as mine has the white worm stuff and it really lets the car down with the rest of it being so clean :(

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:04:50 pm »
My.badge went like that,just get yours painted like I did,look through my build thread

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:15:07 pm »
Is that not the newer 3d badge though?

Already looked at your build thread dude and i'm a fan :)

I was going to get a private plate but it would be a shame to change the MKV plate aswell

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:18:41 pm »
No my badge is the flat metal one just painted

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:17 pm »
looks 10000000000000000000000000000000x better with the new front mate, will look awesome with it all colour coded

keep up the good work  :happy2:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 10:51:54 pm »
Cheers mate  :happy2:

Yeah the colourcoding is most important once the exhaust and bumper are on, it will tie everything in and make it look a bit less poverty spec, cant wait!

Going to go for the half colourcoded rear bumper and hopefully find an edition30 splitter before then too, need the GTI headlights desperatly also.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »
The head lights do come up for sale on e bay now and then

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 09:25:37 am »
Sounds like it will look real nice once done, not a fan of the wheels and the tremendous amount of poke though, when you get the coilovers fitted are you going to get the tyres  stretched? Otherwise you may get some nasty rubbing/grinding noises going on.

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 10:40:53 am »
Sounds like it will look real nice once done, not a fan of the wheels and the tremendous amount of poke though, when you get the coilovers fitted are you going to get the tyres  stretched? Otherwise you may get some nasty rubbing/grinding noises going on.

Yeah there won't be as much poke and i agree these wheels aren't the best for the car but they were free and only cost £60 to be powdercoated which i cant complain with :)

Unfortunatly the GTI exhaust won't fit no matter what, the backbox is a lot 'deeper' than the standard one so it will sit 4 inches lower than it should, so i'm going to have to sell that and think up a new plan for an exhaust, any suggestions?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:52 am »
strange the gti back box won't fit as a few people have done it ok---get a milltek on it

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 10:55:48 am »
Sorry if I've missed it, but what car is the exhaust off? It looks very different to the mk5 GTI backbox I have.

Is it just the depth of it causing issue or does the hangers not match up too?
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 11:11:16 am »
looking at the pic of the exhaust,you will have to chop the middle box of and just fit the back box

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 11:39:31 am »
Backbox is a lot bigger than standard GTI, as my friend didnt tell me its off his dads edition 30 not his standard GTI  :signLOL:

I need the flatter type back box to fit on, so i'm on the hunt for one, in the meantime this ones going on ebay :)

Hopefully i will find a normal GTI one this weekend and get it on early next week, the guy in the garage said he would just chop the tips off and weld onto my standard backbox but it would be a shame to chop up a perfectly good exhaust and it probably won't look good anyway tbh, ah well.

On another note Awesome GTI are doing remaps for £150 until further notice, might take a trip down in the morning  :happy2: