Make a donation

Poll

Whats you experience of the MK5 CC Stalk??

Never had a problem.
9 (75%)
Had problems, they must have been a friday job.
3 (25%)
Im watching celeb BB.... I dont care!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Cruise Control Stalk  (Read 4584 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: Cruise Control Stalk
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 08:55:17 pm »
I've seen the wiper stalk fault a few times but it doesn't appear to cause the same level of problems as the CC ones.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »
Technical Service Bulletin.

If your stalks are new take them back as they'll covered under new parts warranty.

The cleaning just prolongs the agony.

Surely this must apply to the A version stalks and not the newer G versions?
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »
I've seen the wiper stalk fault a few times but it doesn't appear to cause the same level of problems as the CC ones.

Yea, it actualy causes both of us no problems at all. Just every time I san either car its there...

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:07 pm »
Technical Service Bulletin.

If your stalks are new take them back as they'll covered under new parts warranty.

The cleaning just prolongs the agony.

Surely this must apply to the A version stalks and not the newer G versions?

Yes the TSB applied to earlier stalks Eddie but the newer F or G versions shouldn't have failed if they were new and so should be warranted.

If the cruise control intermittently stops working or does not work at all when driving Octavia II vehicles at a constant speed, it is necessary to check the fault memory of the steering column control unit (Address group 16)
If fault code 00895 – “Cruise Control Switch – E45-faulty sporadic“ is stored in address group 16, the cruise control switch is to be replaced according to the Octavia II Workshop Manual (Binder 2, Chapter 94-7, Page 3).

The part number of the cruise control switch has not been changed. Only modified switches are available from spare parts stock.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »
Had the old style retro fitted on our old Leon Cupra and never missed a beat, not had any issues with the Eddy or SWMBO's MK6 either.
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:29 am »
just noticed that my retrofitted 'old' style stalk on my mk5 is being a bit intermittent, will scan it for codes tonight...

is the only 'guaranteed' method to fix it swapping out the stalk for the later 'G' revision?

thanks
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 08:25:33 pm »
If you have one thats failing then yes IMHO swap it out.
Stu...