Make a donation

Author Topic: Picking up my ed30  (Read 3811 times)

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
Re: Picking up my ed30
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 08:57:07 pm »
Your gonna LOVE it mate! Get some pics up when you've got it. What's the spec?

Rear parking sensors,sunroof,electric seats(not sure if it's standard),armrest,heated seats,mfsw,winter pack....just had dsg service+engine oil service 10miles ago at vw dealer
Ps what is winter pack??

Good spec that dude, having a sunroof is a mega touch. The seats are only electric for the lumbar i think, i dont think they did full electric seats?

It got xenons too?

I wish it had xenons..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 09:07:41 pm »
Picking it up on the 11th jan early morning...can't wait...Then doing the LONG journey to Eddie nl for satnav & cruise control fitment

:wink: Glad to see you got one in the end, what colour?

I was gutted that I was 15mins late on yr one...they opened at 9am.I called at 9.15am & someone placed a deposit at 9.05am

All I'll say is that its someone not a million miles away from this forum who just beat you. Like I say glad you got one. :happy2:
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »
Picking it up on the 11th jan early morning...can't wait...Then doing the LONG journey to Eddie nl for satnav & cruise control fitment

I was gutted that I was 15mins late on yr one...they opened at 9am.I called at 9.15am & someone placed a deposit at 9.05am

All I'll say is that its someone not a million miles away from this forum who just beat you. Like I say glad you got one. :happy2:

Jamie said if I been 10 minutes earlier then big chance it b mine

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 09:54:02 pm »

Jamie said if I been 10 minutes earlier then big chance it b mine

Was going to buy the silver manual one from main dealer in Edinburgh but its TOO far
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:00:26 pm by dan930 »

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:17 pm »

I keep on looking at the newbie section to see if anyone brought it...anyway first come first serve

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline robby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »
Might be trading mine in tommorow depending on a test drive - new shape Astra (more economical)  :ashamed:

thats quite a change, how did you come around to choosing an astra??  i do like the look of them but every time i change car i start looking at various makes but always sticking with the germans, be it VAG or BMW.

Had quite a few German cars, 5 Audis, 5 Golfs, 5 BMWs, 1 SEAT, 1 Skoda - apart from the Fabia VRS and the BMWs i've had lots of problems with the audis and Golfs so enough is enough.
Had 3 old shape Astras (VXR, SRi Turbo, SRI 1.8) and didn't have any problems, so that's why i thought of the new shape Astra - more modern (temp gauge is back )
The ED30 is running perfect since i had a new charcoal canister, new DV, major service, cambelt + pump so the next owner will be very pleased - car is getting older though so more problems will be around the corner?
I was planning on a remap if i was going to keep it but with running costs getting higher and a £1k a year pay cut i can't warrant keeping it (i have a Triumph STR for summer) so cheaper motoring is required.
i'll miss it but TBH the only car i do regret trading is the VXR (remapped to 295bhp) - the Golf has/ never will feel as quick :)

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 11:34:36 pm »

I keep on looking at the newbie section to see if anyone brought it...anyway first come first serve

He's not a newbie but is a very deserving new owner as he's been looking a loooooooong time! I'm almost as excited for him as he is!  :happy2: :grin:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 07:24:11 am »
Might be trading mine in tommorow depending on a test drive - new shape Astra (more economical)  :ashamed:

Don't do it!!!!!!!

Seriously mate, you will regret it every day. I sold my V64Motion in Sept 10 for a Laguna estate to save money and use for work, and every time I got in it, a little part of me died.

Got back in a quick Golf in August, and my life is good again!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline dan930

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 01:36:04 pm »

thats quite a change, how did you come around to choosing an astra??  i do like the look of them but every time i change car i start looking at various makes but always sticking with the germans, be it VAG or BMW.

Noooo mate,u going downhill?? You only live once

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
R TECH custom map

Offline gti yorks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

Had quite a few German cars, 5 Audis, 5 Golfs, 5 BMWs, 1 SEAT, 1 Skoda - apart from the Fabia VRS and the BMWs i've had lots of problems with the audis and Golfs so enough is enough.
Had 3 old shape Astras (VXR, SRi Turbo, SRI 1.8) and didn't have any problems, so that's why i thought of the new shape Astra - more modern (temp gauge is back )
The ED30 is running perfect since i had a new charcoal canister, new DV, major service, cambelt + pump so the next owner will be very pleased - car is getting older though so more problems will be around the corner?
I was planning on a remap if i was going to keep it but with running costs getting higher and a £1k a year pay cut i can't warrant keeping it (i have a Triumph STR for summer) so cheaper motoring is required.
i'll miss it but TBH the only car i do regret trading is the VXR (remapped to 295bhp) - the Golf has/ never will feel as quick :)

goodluck to you mate, hope it brings you plenty of enjoyment. i have been thinking of selling my gti the last few days, purely from an insurance point of view, got beyond a joke, so may have a look at an astra myself as i said previously, i do like the look of them. what engine have you gone for??

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 02:54:12 pm »

He's not a newbie but is a very deserving new owner as he's been looking a loooooooong time! I'm almost as excited for him as he is!  :happy2: :grin:

Beddie, you'll just try spend all his money and get him in trouble with the mrs  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391