Make a donation

Author Topic: Garage blockers  (Read 4081 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: Garage blockers
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 12:55:15 pm »
Get one of those white solid lines up across the area Stealth, which in my area the council provide for a flat fee of £50.

We have one outside our house as we live on a corner and not much thought goes into the parking on our street, so in the past it's been a real problem. The drive is just wide enough for the MK5 so when someone parks in a position that hangs over the edges of the flat curb, it makes it very tricky to pull out as it's not the widest road either.

Enquire about having one at your place (which there shouldn't be too many reasons as to why not) then if someone does park on it, it makes it a lot easier to have the vehicle removed by the police who in our experience, are much more willing to respond and take action than without a line (that's with Northants police).

Feel your pain though, been there many times.

A naughty solution could be if the blocking vehicle isn't in gear, you and a mate or two could slip some trays under it's rear wheels and shove it forward so you can get past  :wink:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 01:03:19 pm »
I have a garage in a block which people kept parking opposite so I couldn't get my car in or out of the garage. I put a big sign up that didn't work so got two foldable posts which has stopped them!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 03:19:08 pm »
i suffer with this all the time, my street is a U shape and i live at one end of the U, the street is 1 car wide so you cant park on the road only block it

there are 15 houses and 3 of them dont have driveways, to be honest after a few polite words the neighbours dont give us any grief now but sometimes the visitors do

luckily one time i was prevented from getting on my drive rather then off it, so i parked up the 3 tonnes of landrover and went inside.

3 hours later someone bangs really loudly on the door so i go see who it is...open it to find a very angry chap who stopped being angry when he realised i was 6ft 3 and just as unhappy as he was  :grin:

i told him nicely that he prevented access for 3 hours so i was happy to now wait 3 hours to move mine... he stormed off, but im not that mean so went to get my keys and then outside he squared up to me ranting about how he had permission to park there.

i laughed then reminded him theres no such thing and if he did it again i would tie his car to the landrover and drag it onto the main road... he went quiet.... not seen him again  :grin:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 03:57:49 pm »
Same here.

Someone in a grey Astra parked directly across my drive when I was wanting to get the car out of the garage.  :fighting:

I couldn't find anyone responsible and after 30 minutes of door knocking one of my neighbours kindly used his landrover winch and pulled the thing out of the way. It made me shudder looking at the astra scraping along with 2 wheels on the pavement and 2 on the road. another of my neighbours stood clapping as it had also happened to him in the past. I never knew who the Astra owner was as I was already late for work, but I bet his rear tyres had 2 nice flat spots judging by the 30 ft drag marks!! :grin:
Golf R gone.

gaz b

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »
I wouldnt bother with solid white lines. Or double yellows. Or zig zags.  Or anything else for that matter.  You can park anywhere anytime and all you have to do is put your hazards on and you are immediatley above the law............  :stupid:

That's what every bad driver up my neck of the woods thinks anyway. :fighting:

I must have missed that bit on my driving test. :driver:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 06:28:35 pm »
Can't paint any lines etc. The zigzag lines for the crossing go across the dropped kerb. Technically, I don't think I can even park my car in front of my garae prior to opening/closing the garage door.

Technically can't do anything to their vehicle either because of risk of being done for criminal damage.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »
Are they still there?
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »
Move to Solihull!  :wink:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 11:26:19 pm »
Kill Them

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 11:42:12 pm »
Can't paint any lines etc. The zigzag lines for the crossing go across the dropped kerb. Technically, I don't think I can even park my car in front of my garae prior to opening/closing the garage door.

Technically can't do anything to their vehicle either because of risk of being done for criminal damage.

Technically if you carnt park there because of the zigzag lines then just get them towed by the council or police simples.

Offline Scousus maximus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 05:35:06 pm »
I know exactly how you feel Stealth, I live next to a shop and people seem to think I'm the benevolent type who doesn't mind them using my dropped kerb(which I paid for) or even my drive. Most offenders are women and the language out of some of them when you mention it to them is pretty crude.I've also been sucker punched but it failed to work because he punched me in the head and I'm a thick boned Scouse pensioner so he got quite a surprise on coming round! :rolleye: I've actually had a police transit come on my drive to turn around after using the shop!
I complained to my council and police like a whining old tw4t for ages until eventually I got them to come to my house on a Wednesday to view the lottery traffic just before 19:30,,,, they were gobsmacked at how people were behaving rather than parking one length further away. Any way, credit to them, they put a request in the next budget and painted me a white line, which 99% of people respect, and also put bollards along the kerb to prevent half-on-half-off parking.
You'll always get the asbo type being the usual scourge of decent society but it's worth a few letters/photos to your councillor.
Hope you get an answer like I eventually did.
Regards,
John

ps   do you know anybody with a paint ball gun? I imagine a covert shot in the bollox might remind them of their manners :laugh:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
*BAD LANGUAGE AHEAD* re: GARAGE BLOCKERS
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 06:30:08 pm »
Take a picture, post it on here http://www.youparklikea****.com/

Also, print off this picture below and post it on the windscreen with a note saying how displeased you are!   :fighting:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvbt7d8cju1r4th60o1_500.png
*warning contains the C word!*

Ammended!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:36:58 pm by Horatio »
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Weston

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 06:32:55 pm »
Some may find that offensive, although it is funny.
GTI going...

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 04:59:30 pm »
Well managed to squeeze past the car deciding to block us in today, I thought the bush opposite the car was soft.... I now have a 2ft scratch down the car like its been keyed

Not happy  :mad:

Don't know where he is but I've left a note with my details for him to come have a chat if he's brave enough

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 07:35:04 pm »
Time for a dose of revenge. Another dozy git has parked in front o the garage. Except he's backed up against a bollard thing so I've taken the liberty of blocking him in.  :evilgrin:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.