Make a donation

Author Topic: Selling my ED30????  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edition 30 No.1059 - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    • Email
Selling my ED30????
« on: January 07, 2012, 02:10:01 pm »
Not 100% yet but looking at alternative options to downgrade too as I might need to sell my beloved Eddie to free up some money for a move : (

I still want a quick fun car for a budget of around £7k and the only car that draws my attention is a Cooper S, seems plenty around with low miles and good specs....although the full recaro's I would like are a little rarer!

Anyone offer any other alternatives?

Don't want to go for standard MK5 GTi as too close to the ED30 and fancy a change if I do sell her.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN - Edition30 No. 1059
Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline S2 Ant

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Selling my ED30????
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:16:43 pm »
Unrelated to your question, but i think ive seen your car around....
I've pondered selling mine a once or twice but cant think of what to get as an alternative so i've stuck with it and abuse my motorbike instead lol

The Mini's do seem like they could be fun, a friend has one but is forever breaking it now hes tuned it a bit and changed the wheels... its just not up to a bit of abuse or running on track hard
Ant

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 02:20:14 pm »
Unrelated to your question, but i think ive seen your car around....
I've pondered selling mine a once or twice but cant think of what to get as an alternative so i've stuck with it and abuse my motorbike instead lol

The Mini's do seem like they could be fun, a friend has one but is forever breaking it now hes tuned it a bit and changed the wheels... its just not up to a bit of abuse or running on track hard

Whereabouts are you based Ant? I live around the Hemel Hempstead area.

I will probably end up keeping it as I love driving it and can't see anything that could replace it as well as saving me some cash!!

Currently loving - SEAT Leon FR184 - sunroof, tech pack, 18" performance alloys, convenience and sound pack

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 02:33:04 pm »
Not 100% yet but looking at alternative options to downgrade too as I might need to sell my beloved Eddie to free up some money for a move : (

I still want a quick fun car for a budget of around £7k and the only car that draws my attention is a Cooper S, seems plenty around with low miles and good specs....although the full recaro's I would like are a little rarer!

Anyone offer any other alternatives?

Don't want to go for standard MK5 GTi as too close to the ED30 and fancy a change if I do sell her.

............sorry mate but you'r not a hair dresser by trade are you? :grin:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »
Nope.....but not the first time that's been said  :signLOL:

The GF doesn't want me to get a mini as I'm already to in touch with my feminine side!!  :pomppomp:

I've always loved the Cooper S and can't really think of another alternative to the Eddie that would put a grin on my face every time I drive it as well as being reliable, well built and fits my budget?

Hopefully I can keep her but just weighing up my options.

Short back and sides anyone?  :grin:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »
Surprised no one has suggested a clito 197, or even cheaper a 182 cup, plenty around now at very good money.

Just being french can have numerous electric issues, having said that im running a p plate megane daily with 108k and it all works, no leaks starts first time. :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 02:57:06 pm »
Buy a Civic Type R, get a premier for around £5000 iirc and they tick most boxes. Look good, handle well, stop well and sound amazing in the VTEC zone

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 03:41:58 pm »
last car was a renaultsport clio 197, recaro,s brembo,s etc, great handling, good on fuel, & not half as many stone chips as golf

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 03:56:14 pm »
Get yourself a mint Corrado VR6 for £4k, everyone should own one at least once!

Nasir

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 04:20:18 pm »
Clio 197?

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »
have u tried one? dont knock it till u have

Offline patrickcullen87

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »
how about the older shape audi s3? my mates had 2 old shape S3's, a mk5 Gti, R32 and currently drives a new S3 sportback and he has always said the older S3 was one of his best cars for the sheer abuse it takes and its reliability and handling.
Admin Notice Sig Removed - Signature images should be no bigger than 450 pixels wide x 150 pixels high

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions guys  :happy2:

I owned an original Clio 172 from new years ago and did love it aside from the squeaks and rattles, the 197's are a nice looking little motor too, although I still think the mini wins for me on build quality and reliability.

Corrado's, always had a soft spot but won't do it on the reliability front for me as I do a lot of miles so need something newer.....maybe a weekend project when I'm more settled  :smiley:

For the moment I'm still enjoying the Eddie and hopefully can keep hold of it for a few more years yet as simply there just isn't anything that ticks all the boxes for the money right now!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 05:03:36 pm »
how about the older shape audi s3? my mates had 2 old shape S3's, a mk5 Gti, R32 and currently drives a new S3 sportback and he has always said the older S3 was one of his best cars for the sheer abuse it takes and its reliability and handling.

my mate had a old s3,it was quick with good grip but bit cramped at the back

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Gladiator

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 05:06:41 pm »

my mate had a old s3,it was quick with good grip but bit cramped at the back

Yes the older S3 could be a possibility if I could find a well cared for example  :smiley: