Make a donation

Author Topic: Pricks on sticks & gays on trays....who's been?  (Read 6110 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Pricks on sticks & gays on trays....who's been?
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:41:32 pm »
The white stuff is currently dumping big snow on the euro resorts  :party:

Anyone been out there yet? I'm headed for Austria in about 3 weeks time  :pomppomp:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Pricks on sticks & gays on trays....who's been?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:53:15 pm »
should be good fun

only ever been skiing once, loved every minute of it. sadly not had a chance to go back!!
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline GTsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »
I've been to Zell am See, Austria a couple of times skiing. Awesome fun, definitely want to go again in the near future!

Whereabouts in Austria are you heading?

:smiley:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:07:15 pm »
I prefer stateside normally but my mate suggested we do kitzbuhel, they've been having whiteouts so can't wait to get over there

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:02:15 pm »
I prefer stateside normally but my mate suggested we do kitzbuhel, they've been having whiteouts so can't wait to get over there

Went to Kitzbuhel just after the war (well it feels like it, it was so long ago, maybe 15 yr's ago) very pretty village, resort height not that high, good restaurants, a little tame on the apres-ski from memory, skiing was good for my level then; second week on the slopes.

Beer was cold, the women were warm, slopes covered in snow - what more could you want - ahhhhhhh good times

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
Sounds ideal  :popcornsoda:

Offline Upperoilcan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:45:03 am »
You lucky man,i aint been on the board for 5 yrs now...  :sad:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 02:54:55 pm »

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:40 pm »
Me and three mates are off to Val Thorens for my 25th in 3 weeks, cant wait!
I will be spending most of my birthday at the Folie Douce!!  :drinking:
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 07:15:30 pm »
Just back from Boarding Tahoe.. STILL not snowed but the septics have done an outstanding job on laying down the powder..On the plane home we were talking about hitting Poland in a few weeks...

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:12 pm »
Just back from Boarding Tahoe.. STILL not snowed but the septics have done an outstanding job on laying down the powder..On the plane home we were talking about hitting Poland in a few weeks...

last time i did Tahoe is was killer conditions, gunna get back there one day....with a side order of Reno

Offline theo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:46 pm »
Me and three mates are off to Val Thorens for my 25th in 3 weeks, cant wait!
I will be spending most of my birthday at the Folie Douce!!  :drinking:

I'm off to Val Thorens on Saturday. Looking forward to it! The snow in Europe is epic. I cant wait to get shredding now!

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:16 am »
Wednesday January 11, 2012 SKY NEWS

Hundreds of British holidaymakers have been trapped in the Austrian alpine village of Ischgl after a freak snowfall.
The resort is shut off after 18ft (5.4m) of snow fell in just a few days - almost as much as during the whole of last season.
Police closed the Tyrolean destination because of fears of avalanche. There have been two since Saturday.
Lifts at the top of the mountain were switched off with Army helicopters reportedly scrambled at one stage to airlift inexperienced skiers to safety.
The nearby popular resorts of St Anton and Lech were also badly hit.

Lisa Tyrell from tour firm Inghams told Sky News: "The road to Ischgl was opened briefly today but it's been closed again.
"Our changeover day is Saturday and we managed to transfer our 2,000 clients in and out of the resort but independent travellers are likely to be having a bit of a problem.
"All the skiing companies obviously anticipate snow problems and are geared up for this this kind of situation but it's been a challenge because there's been so much snow across the whole of Europe."
He added: "It's great for skiers, of course!"

Ankie Kathrein, manager of the Solaria Hotel, told The Times: "There is a bit of panic that you can't get out.
"You are not allowed to leave Ischgl. Police are guarding the exits to the town because of a fear of avalanches. It is very dangerous.
"People are getting hectic and panicked. But perhaps the nightlife is maybe a little bit more up because people think, 'Well, what else can I do?'"

:jumpmove: :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:31:10 am by VC »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 04:52:41 pm »
My mate told me about Ischgl snow issues, he arrived there on Saturday and at the Solaria hotel LOL (we all stayed there in jan 2011 was a nice Hotel!),, apparently the nightlife is still amazing (was there this time last year!) and is helping to ease the burden of all that snow!.

he told me yesterday that 9 of them had hired a Piste basher (and driver) for the day so they could have access to safe areas of piste as most lifts had shut  :happy2:

IM going there with my best mate on march 17th, we are driving out there (Have snow chains!) so the Ed30 will get a good run through germany (hope some of the Motorways on way down there are still de-restricted  :evilgrin:

ON another note to answer original question I was in les Deux Alpes 17th through 24th December and they had 1.5m of snow the week before we got there and another 1.2m whilse I was there (fortunatley only on 3 of the 6 days the rest snowed during the night, it was great!!!!!.

Word of warning tho, Les Deux Alpes is not that Snowboarder friendly most of the blue run (and strangley) a few of the red runs have UPHILL sections!!!, annoying!. ONce you done it once you know where they are and you can get your speed up to get past them, I was on one of these blue runs with a large flat section that I managed my top speed of 53.3mph using the GPS app "Les 2 Alpes" on iphone  :evilgrin:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:59:40 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 10:15:35 am »
Quick update my mate tells me that the lifts are open again in Ischgl, they ended up using the Piste Basher for visiting some Off Piste areas, apparently they got talking to some wealthy Russian guy and he invited them to go with him and his wife as they were only 2 of them going, so they ended up filling the extra 6 seats, they offered him some money towards it and he would not have any of it, god knows how much that cost him lol
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14