Make a donation

Author Topic: Pricks on sticks & gays on trays....who's been?  (Read 6098 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Pricks on sticks & gays on trays....who's been?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 09:57:29 pm »
Anyone ever been to Garmish?  What about Sun Peaks in Canada?

And VC, which are you?
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 10:01:30 pm »
went to tignes early season for the board test, went to avoriaz a few weeks ago and off to sestriere in a couple of weeks then st anton late season. Been a good season for snow so far. Much better than last year
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:23 am »
I am a snowboarder too, never ski'd, had 1 lesson of each 15 years back and chose snowboarding, you will have to let me know what Sestriere is like! as im going 10th March!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 12:45:11 pm »
After Tahoe last month,heading up to Nevis range next Friday.... Fort william nights...  :drinking:

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 01:04:41 pm »
I'm off to Val Thorens tomorrow. Snow is looking amazing! :laugh: :happy2:

Just got to load up the car and pray the roofbox will go on and its a 4.30am start for us to catch the shuttle in the morning!

Going with three mates and have the bonus of being on the slopes on Wednesday for my 25th birthday!  :jumpmove:

Incase you can't tell I'm super excited!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 01:09:47 pm »
I am a snowboarder too, never ski'd, had 1 lesson of each 15 years back and chose snowboarding, you will have to let me know what Sestriere is like! as im going 10th March!

Sure thing... not sure what its gonna be like tbh. Looks a bit of a smaller resort.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 01:35:16 pm »

Sure thing... not sure what its gonna be like tbh. Looks a bit of a smaller resort.

Yes, I can imagine the Apres is nothing like Ischgl but i dont think anywhere is like Ischgl  :evilgrin:, as long as it has a few decent apres bars im not fussed, ski area is good tho as been to both Montgenevre  and sauze d'oulx before both in same ski area!, Sauze I cant really remember it (apart from Coaches dropping u off in massive car park and you walked to hotel as its a pedestrianised area), think I blocked it out as went with ex GF and she was an absolute nightmare and ruined the holiday  :fighting: she got the shove 2 months later and never been on a ski holiday with a GF since (lesson learned!!)

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 05:54:00 pm »

think I blocked it out as went with ex GF and she was an absolute nightmare and ruined the holiday  :fighting: she got the shove 2 months later and never been on a ski holiday with a GF since (lesson learned!!)

Funny you say that, last time I went skiing I went with a girlfriend and 10 of her family. We split up on the second night which made it a bit awkward  :signLOL:

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »
haha the trip i went on last month was with an ex (we booked when we were together) and it was rubbish... completely ruined the week

i think the thing we can learn from this is that boarding is a guys only sport!!! :)

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=geec1br4chm0h01gm01kljhprf&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 06:14:23 pm »
Damn those of you who are going skiing. Couldn't afford it this year,  with buying a house.  :sad1:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2012, 06:18:09 pm »

think I blocked it out as went with ex GF and she was an absolute nightmare and ruined the holiday  :fighting: she got the shove 2 months later and never been on a ski holiday with a GF since (lesson learned!!)

Funny you say that, last time I went skiing I went with a girlfriend and 10 of her family. We split up on the second night which made it a bit awkward  :signLOL:

Matt

It would have been even funnier had you brought a bird back to the room  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2012, 06:19:44 pm »
haha the trip i went on last month was with an ex (we booked when we were together) and it was rubbish... completely ruined the week

i think the thing we can learn from this is that boarding is a guys only sport!!! :)

Boarding is a lads trip agreed  :drinking: but finding women when your there is half the fun  :evilgrin: especcially if you can add to your international tally  :drinking:

Last 3 trips with the lads I found myself spending some quality time with a Dutch Girl (Les Deux 2011) a german girl (Ischgl 2011) and a Brazilian girl (Ischgl 2010)   :love:

At richwig, hey mate having a house is all good (Good time to buy as long as it was 1st house!), a few years settling in and you will be back on the slopes, my issue is fitting in woth my parents extended holidays (we have a family business and myself or my parents can only be on holiday seperately), makes it tough when your parents take 1st april to 15th July and 1st september to 15th November, altho that does leave pretty much the entire ski season to me  :happy2:, which is fine as most of my mates who I used to go Scuba diving with are now married and cant go and my mates who snowboard theres still a few of us left who are either single or can do what they want  :happy2:

Next year hoping to go 3 times, New years eve week (wherever is cheapest in france/italy or Austria), then late Feb USA or Canada and then a drive out to alps trip in late march, thats the plan anyhoo!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:41:32 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 06:58:57 am »
Damn those of you who are going skiing. Couldn't afford it this year,  with buying a house.  :sad1:

Hey mate... If the snow arrives I'll give you a lift to the Stocksbridge Alps!.

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:08 am »
Just back from Sestriere and I've got to say I loved the place. I didnt have very high expectations before going to be honest but I'm definitely going back.

We were plagued with some of the hottest skiing conditions I've ever experienced!! got up to 24 degrees on Thursday in town and hit about 13 on mid slopes so the snow was obviously very slushy and they couldnt use the snow cannons all week but they still did a good job of grooming and keeping the slopes open.

We stayed in the old olympic village which was brilliantly situated at the bottom of the gondolla to saulze and the chairlift to take you up to the sestriere slopes and you could ski back to the door from the sestriere slopes. We were in half board apartments which were close the the main building and although they were basic (had a bit of a hostel feel to the beds and rooms) it was cleaned every day with new towels and it was everything you need from a snow holiday. Food was excellent and they have an in house pizza place which makes excellent fresh pizza.

There is also tons of off piste and although I didnt get to sample any first hand due to the lack of powder... or indeed any snow of any kind... Its all easily accessible and I cant wait to go back next year.

Here is a quick vid of my first attempt at skiing. Seeing as the conditions werent great I didnt feel bad missing a few days boarding and actually picked it up pretty quick and really enjoyed it..

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 10:58:25 am »
Just back from Denver. Loved it.