Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice on Canary Islands? Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria & Fuerteventura  (Read 1508 times)

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Hi all,

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to book this years holiday soon our budget is £800-£1000ish. We were originally thinking of Turkey or Egypt (see other thread) but we are now also thinking of the Canary Islands.

We are looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel that's within walking distance of the beach but with plenty of activities close and are ideally looking for all inclusive.

I just wondered if anyone had been to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria or Fuerteventura and if so what resorts or hotels they would recommend?

Thanks

George

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Lanzarote is a dump, gran canaria is nice away from the timeshares not been to fuerteventura

Tenerife is nice, hire a car to explore is and there's tropical zoos and a sorts of quiet beaches, been a few times  :smiley:

Oh and lanzarote is a dump

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0h66ip1vnb845nss31hcq1m5bv&/topic,19740.0.html
Tenerife is a pretty good to chill out.  :happy2:

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
Tenerife (Dont like)

Lanzarote (Dont like)

Fuerteventura stayed here a few times and all people really friendly (Like)

Gran Canaria, going in March.

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
Not long been back from Tenerife (November), had a great holiday. My second time there, although last term it was with the lads 20yrs ago.......

I stayed at the luabay costa los gigantes, which I couldn't really fault, but we are a family of four, not a couple.  There are kids and adult pools.

We are just booking a week away in April, and the Sensatori Resorts from Thomson look amazing, all 5star plus. They have one in Tenerife, might be worth look.
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline rob172cup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
tenerife

http://www.siampark.net/en/

thats why i love tenerife

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
I loved Lanzarote. Not your typical island getaway. The volcanic island is like a martian landscape. I had a great time. Took a day out to Fuerteventura, that was far more commercial.

Stayed for 10 days, cheap last minute deal through http://www.lowcostholidays.co.uk

Gran Canaria is a concrete jungle.

It all depends what you want to go away for. We wanted a nice quiet holiday, plenty of walks and relaxing. Which is why we chose Costa Teguise.

Oh and we literally spent no time at the hotel. I dont go on holiday to sit by a pool for 2 weeks. Couldnt think of anything worse to be honest. We went back to sleep, eat and shower.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:19:32 pm by Deako »

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email

This is where we stay in Fuerteventura , the place is a great place to chill out with no nightclubs no karaoke no sports bars etc. We go twice a year , this is on the west coast. East coast is windsurfing city and theres loads of surfing all round. A bit like cornwall but warmer .
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Fuerteventura gets my vote, i found Tenerife ghastly you just get pestered by drug addicts selling timeshares, and people trying to drag you into their restaurants. I would rather go to prison than back thier.  :sick:
I went to Fuerteventura the end of last year and it was completely different, and plan on having another cheap week away, their, in the spring.  :happy2:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
been to Fuerteventura. can't remember the place i stayed, i'll try and find out. wasn't anywhere near the beach tho!!

it is really nice tho, i'd recommend it
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline gizmo68

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • We're here for a good time, not a long time
Well I love Gran Canaria and have been 4 times, however from your list it has to be Egypt (4 times also) especially as you have no kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VCDS HEX-NET & VCP owner (covers all VAG cars)
(PM me if you require VCDS or VCP coding or scanning in Kent)

gaz b

I have tried all of the canaries now and can honestly say I will never be back. Horrible and expensive :sick:

For a short break it will be Minorca/Majorca this year and for long haul, Cancun :party:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
I have tried all of the canaries now and can honestly say I will never be back. Horrible and expensive :sick:

For a short break it will be Minorca/Majorca this year and for long haul, Cancun :party:

Try not to get kidnapped whilst in Mexico. Id have to agree with you though. The canaries is such a English place to go lol.

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
Stay on the plane another half an hour, go past the Canaries and land in the Cape Verde islands.  I went in 2009 and it was just being developed as a tourist area then so not much to do, but that's what we wanted.  There have been hotels built since and it may be a bit more lively now.

FOR SALE!

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Why not head somewhere a little off the trap?

Bay of roses on the med or st tropez are both worth a visit