Make a donation

Author Topic: Goodbye Edition 30  (Read 2189 times)

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
Goodbye Edition 30
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »
Just to say that my Edition 30 has gone.  :sad:  I've had a great time with the car and I have really enjoyed driving it over nearly five years of ownership. There aren't many cars that have it's all-round qualities such as its performance and ease of day to day use.  I still remember Clarkson's summary of the MK V GTi, in that its a classless car that you can drop the kids off at school in and then have a bit of fun driving home in  :signLOL:

Through the garage, the car is going to a deserving owner from this forum who will I'm sure enjoy her as much as I did. (You know who you are  :congrats:)

I have looked at all sorts of cars to see what I could change to BMW 1 series, A3, Polo GTI, Leon , Alfa, even a C30.  :jumping: Stayed with VW in the end. My mates said I should get a loyalty card after driving them for 17 years.

Cheers TagnuT
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:43:31 am by TagnuT »
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Goodbye Edition 30
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »
so what you getting mate? cant leave us hanging like that :party:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:27:40 pm »
All the best with the new car. Im sure the old car will be lovingly looked after by the new owner!  :driver:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:54:56 pm »
All the best with the new car. Im sure the old car will be lovingly looked after by the new owner!  :driver:

I have a feeling it will be, silver is his colour apparently...  :driver:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18:24 am »
The Golf is only a second car, to commute to and from work so the replacement dosen't need to be large. Mind you the Mrs's new car has five cylinders, has a turbo, big brakes and 4WD........... :pomppomp:

Stayed with VW, I just saw this car and knew it was time for a change. Love Viper Green, bit of a Marmite colour for some people though.  :jumping:

She has GT spec, with DSG again. Gotta love DSG in the traffic and when you want to have a good drive too. Black Vienna leather, RNS 510 with voice control, 19" Lugano wheels (rubber bands included), cruise control & parking sensors.

I'm really liking the ACC especially on the some of the country lanes where I live. Will miss the Xenon headlights though (put an order in the powerbulbs already).

I will be sticking around here though as the Scirocco forums seem to be a little quieter. I see Shaun (182_blue) is on one or two of them  :happy2:

Old and new side by side:-

In the car park waiting delivery back in 2007..... Same car park as in the pictures above.

First few weeks......

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:38:36 am by TagnuT »
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:42:55 am »
I feel like I've lost another car now too, whenever I saw a silver ED30 I always thought of mine and yours. Now they have both gone  :sad1:

Like the Viper green rocco though  :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline TagnuT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:48:26 am »
Cheers John, thanks for the complement  :happy2: ,
I still have the photos on-line from the Elsecar mega meet, with both cars together.
Must say that its been a brilliant car and is in really good nick.

Do like your Polo GTI, will have to pop down to Sheff to see how you are getting on with it
Bye Bye Edition 30.

Saintsteve

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 07:16:46 am »
Sorry to see you've sold her.. Hope it brings you as much enjoyment as I know the Edition 30 did.Best of luck with the roc buddy  :happy2:

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 12:48:34 pm »
Ahhh Hayseldens...I went to view my new one in that car park..My nephew bought his new rocco from there,He loves it.