Make a donation

Author Topic: I hate bus drivers !!  (Read 1187 times)

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
I hate bus drivers !!
« on: January 11, 2012, 01:09:06 pm »
Got squeezed off the road this morning and onto a curb by a bus driver driving like a lunatic. It was either the wheel or the side of my car. 6 years and no marks or corrosion ruined by someone doing their job badly.

Drove straight to a1 in wolves so hopefully they live up to their reputation. The grey they use for the inners did look a mile off though:( gutted!

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: I hate bus drivers !!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:13:45 pm »
call up the bus company and report the driver.

one knocked my wing mirror off a few years ago. i called up West Midlands Travel and they had a guy pick my car up the next morning, and had it back in the evening with a new wing mirror.

at the very least it can't harm to try get your money back. worst case they say no and you're no worse off than you were before
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 01:16:32 pm »
I had the same recently, but it was just poor fortune on both sides. A car had parked recklessly on the same side as the bus and when it was negotiating it I was squeezed into the curb going in the opposite direction. Result wasn't as bad as yours but still curbed one of my Detroits.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:21:25 pm »
call up the bus company and report the driver.

one knocked my wing mirror off a few years ago. i called up West Midlands Travel and they had a guy pick my car up the next morning, and had it back in the evening with a new wing mirror.

at the very least it can't harm to try get your money back. worst case they say no and you're no worse off than you were before

All I remember was a plain white coach steaming by not usual town buses so not much I can do.  I'd wouldn't mind the £95 if I could look at the wheel and not be able to tell but £380 and a new wheel is the only way that will happen.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:36:55 pm »
This happened to me only the bus driver saw me coming down a narrow road and decided to turn into it rather than letting me drive to the end and then him go. He did that inch forward technique making me have to back up  :mad: After reversing for him to a small gap i clipped the curb leaving a very nasty and deep gash (those f***ing old style curbs where the stone is all jaggered and uneven) in my three year clean alloys  :fighting:

Tried to complain but they dismissed it. So now, I never let a bus go. I like to think that in the long run I'v won.  :innocent:

Feel your anger! 

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 01:46:33 pm »
I feal you'r pain. Never had one that bad but even a tiny mark is bad.So much for the ''so called'' rim protectors.  :mad:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »
I feal you'r pain. Never had one that bad but even a tiny mark is bad.So much for the ''so called'' rim protectors.  :mad:

That's the worst thing about vreds, rim protector is pretty much useless. F1's probably would have saved me, they had a massive protector

Offline Gene Hunt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 02:19:17 pm »

That's the worst thing about vreds, rim protector is pretty much useless. F1's probably would have saved me, they had a massive protector
...........just changed from the vreds & fitted conti sport 3 which do have a better rim protector. When i had the vreds i just touched a curb when parking(hardley moving) but still managed to put a small mark on my Pescara. I though i had got away with it due to the very slow speed but no such luck.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline toleman666

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 05:32:44 pm »
iv just had tht happen to my wife new scirocco turbine alloys tht iv just brought for her mk5 golf im not very happy as just paid £600 for them as a xmas present  :sick:
Admin notice: Sig picture to big.