Make a donation

Author Topic: GTlee GT Sport TDI  (Read 10118 times)

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
Re: GTlee GT Sport TDI
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »
That is one stunning TDI. I've got a GT TDi but your's is in another league! Loving the factory options and your OEM+ additions. That remap is pushing out good numbers. How is you clutch holding up? Any other plans in the works? Gti sideskirts? Exhaust?

P.s. nowt wrong with iPhone photos. :happy2:

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the kind comments,the clutch seems fine to me no problems with the 205 horses plus I still get easily 40+ mpg figures even with a heavy right foot,55mpg is attainable if you go softly though.

I have the GTi sideskirts painted and fitted already in the pics but the exhaust is still factory spec.

Plans at the moment probably fit Eibach pro kit and later when funds allow RVC. :happy2:

My bad. Didn't see the sideskirts when I viewed the pictures on my iPhone.  :ashamed: The irony, lol.

I have the Eibach Pro Springs on my car with 18" x 7.5" Alloys same as yours. Will need to post up a picture how it sits to give you an idea. I have also fitted the Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust. It's got a nice subtle note to it, not far off standard but definitely more freer flowing. I presume your car has a DPF tho, which you would need to get mapped out. I'm sure you car get this done on your ST3.  :happy2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 10:52:52 pm »
I see that your car sits very nice indeed from your sig,what sort of bhp advantage would I gain by removing and mapping out the DPF?

I had the ST3 from ChippedUK I read that the maps on the ST3 are locked to company that produced them might give them a ring to access the situation.

Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 11:14:02 pm »
I was quoted 215bhp/450nm's from Shark with a map and dpf removed. This is the route I'm going down I think. They are at he autosport show where I'm off tomorrow so going to pick their brains and find out abit more  :popcornsoda:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 11:20:36 pm »
Very interesting Matto how much money were quoting for the remaps? :happy2:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 11:24:16 pm »
The map itself is 350. But with the dpf removal they said they need the car for a day and would cost 670 all in. I have a few questions for them tomorrow and going to find out exactly what's involved. They are based in Mansfield which is only 40 mins of so from me and have heard they are good.

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 11:28:24 pm »
Car looks lovely! Have always liked grey even though I love my tornado red

Can I ask how much your rear bumper and side skirts cost to paint, it is the one thing on my car I really want done - too much black plastic. Would love the ed30 rear but a bit pricey at the mo
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 11:32:00 pm »
Keep me updated Matto can't keep this modding addiction in control! :jumpmove:

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 11:34:05 pm »
Tell me about it lol. Where about you from anyway? Is there owt you want me to ask? Probably the same as I want to know.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 11:36:47 pm »

Can I ask how much your rear bumper and side skirts cost to paint, it is the one thing on my car I really want done - too much black plastic. Would love the ed30 rear but a bit pricey at the mo

I remember it was about £150 for the lot including the front splitter.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 11:41:20 pm »
Tell me about it lol. Where about you from anyway? Is there owt you want me to ask? Probably the same as I want to know.

I'm down in Herts,could ask them what if I already an St3 unit can I still use it with their maps?

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 11:49:45 pm »
Ah ok. Just tryin to find out who's local to me. Ok will ask the question  :happy2:

Offline brookesb32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 01:36:56 pm »

I remember it was about £150 for the lot including the front splitter.

Wow that's a great price! Can I ask where? I'm based in Essex so if you are herts could be close ish to me :)
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 07:35:01 pm »
Looks stunning Lee :happy2: the wheels make a car and that just looks right

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »
Lee...I asked Ben at Shark Performance today about your st3 device and said you won't be able to use it. Although its the same device they use, it is locked to the previous tuner.

I would like to add whilst I was there I had my arm twisted up my back and bought a remap and dpf removal  :happy2:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »
Lee...I asked Ben at Shark Performance today about your st3 device and said you won't be able to use it. Although its the same device they use, it is locked to the previous tuner.

I would like to add whilst I was there I had my arm twisted up my back and bought a remap and dpf removal  :happy2:

Cheers for asking at Sharks about the St3,knew it wouldnt be usable but needed to 100% certain. :happy2:

When are you having the remap and DPF done would like to know the results bet it'll be very torquey right upto the higher parts of the rev range. :congrats: