Make a donation

Author Topic: GTlee GT Sport TDI  (Read 10117 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Re: GTlee GT Sport TDI
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 10:59:57 pm »
Looks stunning Lee :happy2: the wheels make a car and that just looks right

Thanks for the kind comments Darren,trying to keep up with your project that is ongoing! :notworthy:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 12:23:14 am »
Really nice car pal  :congrats:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »
Lee...I asked Ben at Shark Performance today about your st3 device and said you won't be able to use it. Although its the same device they use, it is locked to the previous tuner.

I would like to add whilst I was there I had my arm twisted up my back and bought a remap and dpf removal  :happy2:

Cheers for asking at Sharks about the St3,knew it wouldnt be usable but needed to 100% certain. :happy2:

When are you having the remap and DPF done would like to know the results bet it'll be very torquey right upto the higher parts of the rev range. :congrats:

No worries mate. Not sure yet. Was try and get the injectors sorted first just incase so they aren't tryin to map a "bad engine" if you like. Possibly Feb/March time.

Gains should be good. Can't wait to see the difference.  :driver:

Gazman1011

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 12:16:32 am »
Car looks stunning. I'm
Hoping to start on my GT TDI soon.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 01:01:44 pm »
Lee...I asked Ben at Shark Performance today about your st3 device and said you won't be able to use it. Although its the same device they use, it is locked to the previous tuner.

I would like to add whilst I was there I had my arm twisted up my back and bought a remap and dpf removal  :happy2:

Cheers for asking at Sharks about the St3,knew it wouldnt be usable but needed to 100% certain. :happy2:

When are you having the remap and DPF done would like to know the results bet it'll be very torquey right upto the higher parts of the rev range. :congrats:

No worries mate. Not sure yet. Was try and get the injectors sorted first just incase so they aren't tryin to map a "bad engine" if you like. Possibly Feb/March time.

Is it a custom remap on the rollers or by the St3 unit,imo remap on RR would be best.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »
Car looks stunning. I'm
Hoping to start on my GT TDI soon.

Don't waste time mate get it on!

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 04:13:07 pm »

Is it a custom remap on the rollers or by the St3 unit,imo remap on RR would be best.

I know what you mean. As far as I'm aware there is no st3 device involved. I know all cars are different but I would imagine its a map they have developed but a generic on for the 170. Will know more once I'm there. It's in tomorrow for the injectors.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 11:06:21 pm »
Matto, you got your car back for the injectors?

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 06:26:59 am »
Yes mate got it back. Can't fault the service from T L Darby in Burton. Only stumbling block was VWCS being awkward as mines an "import". A quick call to VOSA sorted that out. But there is an official recall issued and you shouldn't have a problem getting it done if anyone has a UK car. Might be worth a phone call though to check.

And not suprisingly, now VW are having to pay out, the price of the injectors has come down a hell of alot  :fighting:

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 07:50:43 am »
That looks stunning I am definitely contemplating a high line and mk6 steering wheel swap for my GT
Black Ed30