Make a donation

Author Topic: front mount intercooler  (Read 893 times)

Offline WESTU123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
front mount intercooler
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:20:29 pm »
cars getting mapped again next week and been looking to buy a fmic which is the best apart from forge
has anybody had or tried the cheaper ebay ones or they a no go

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: front mount intercooler
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:09:33 pm »
A mate of mine (think hes A089 on here) has a Mk4 running a ko4 TFSI S3 engine, he's got a cheaper intercooler than the forge one and it seems to do the job.  Only issue was mounting it from memory but that might have been due to the engine conversion itself (mk5 engine to mk4 chassis). Forge seem to have gone more scene than race anyway and wouldn't get a penny of my money lately.  Obviously it's each to their own and many will swear by the forge brand, the twin take is still a good piece of kit.  It also depends on your application, a stage 1 map wouldnt warrant an intercooler, especially not for street driving applications.  Race prep is obviously different.

Offline PSItuning

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • PSItuning.com
Re: front mount intercooler
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:18:42 am »
The THS intercooler is very popular right now, a bit cheaper than the forge too!

http://www.psituning.com

Suppliers of ECS Tuning, Milltek, KW, AP, Revo, Forge, Wavetrac, Brembo, Superpro, Newsouth, CTS Turbo, Powerflex, VWR, Jetex, Polybush, Vibratechnics, K&N, Green Filters, Tarox, Meguiars, H&R, Eibach to name a few!

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34