Make a donation

Author Topic: Paypal Question  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Paypal Question
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:46:14 pm »
All, I need to receive a large payment via paypal, but without the silly charges......

1) If the send a payment I loose %

2) Gift payment they are debited

3) If they win an item for 99p and I was to put the postage as £1900 < would these avoid the paypal fee?

Any ideas how I can get this money into PP without them charging me silly money
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Re: Paypal Question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 09:52:57 pm »
hi mate i think 3 is the only way to get round it, they dont take anything from the postage, just the sale price if its ebay, if not then im not sure
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »
Thats what Im thinking.......

Direct payments - PP take a fee.

If you sell through Ebay, ebay take a fee from the sale price......just wondering if they will allow such a high postage price lol
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:00:24 pm »
Direct bank transfer is your friend...   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »
if you're selling over eBay once the item is sold, the person has recieved the goods and you've got your money cancel the transaction.

eBay assumes the transasction didn't take place and you get your fees back  :happy2:
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:09:09 pm »
if you're selling over eBay once the item is sold, the person has recieved the goods and you've got your money cancel the transaction.

eBay assumes the transasction didn't take place and you get your fees back  :happy2:

but as we all do the right thing no one would do that would they.......... :wink:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 10:09:44 pm »
TRUST issue...........

1) He is a little scared of doing a bank transfer.....thinks he may not get the item (although I have even sent proof)

2) Can't gurantee he will cancel the transaction..........

What proof, do you think is good for a bank transfer? I have sent him bank details and a copy of my licence to prove who I am and address

We are talking thousands not £100's

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 10:13:21 pm »

but as we all do the right thing no one would do that would they.......... :wink:

i've never done it, but i've facilitated it for a seller. Paypal is a con, i've lost a lot of money because of them so personally i'm not too fussed about the morality.

besides, it's no different to having the item for 99p and charging £1900 for delivery
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 10:15:10 pm »
...just wondering if they will allow such a high postage price lol

They restrict the amount of postage a seller can charge, varies per category.

You only get fees back if the buyer agrees to cancel the transaction too, if they don't you won't get your fees back.
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 10:20:11 pm »
PP are a joke!!

How can they justify charging me £100+ for a transaction < they have not done anything lol

As for cancelling the add < MMmmm if he gets them and decides not to cancel the add, I loose. Ebay/PP fees are a joke these days!

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 11:42:17 pm »
Sounds like you need an escrow agent that's not Paypal but, depending on the item's cost, you may end up paying the same sort of transaction fee.

Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 11:56:49 pm »
As far as I know the Gift option is free. The only charge comes from if the other party is funding their payment through a credit or debit card and it's a transaction fee generated by this. If the money is already in their Paypal account then they can gift it without charge.

Or am I wrong?
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 10:16:32 am »
Ebay take fees on BOTH item price and postage (Thanks to all those sellers who sold items at £0.99 with £10 postage!), paypal take fees on total amount postage or parts dont matter, only way round it is to receive payment as a gift but you can only make a GIFT payment if you have a balance of £1900 in your paypal account (which he probably wont have as most people dont have paypal balances that high lol), plus its ricky for a buyer as he has no come back on his purchase.
Personally I would NOT accept paypal on any larhe sale items.
Common fraud is on paypal for cars as paypal policy means if someone has paid paypal you have to be able to PROVE that you shipped AND they received item, no proof of deliverey and they get their money back, I got about 20 emails when i was selling my car with conmen/conwomen asking if they could pay with paypal, I told them to F&^% right off, all that happens is they claim "Non Receipt" and they get your car and their money back, DONT DO IT.
Accept a DEPOSIT via paypal then tell them to bring full amount in CASH and you can then refund his paypal deposit.

Ebay is 90% honest folk and 10% people who make a living conning people, ebay dont give a hoot about the conmen as they are still buying and generating revenue for ebay/paypal.
Got stung a while back buy a Septic who made a living conning people on ebay, i read a website a few years back that reckoned this guy was making £200k per year ripping people off!!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 11:08:46 am »
Thanks for the tips.

So could HE avoid it. by crediting his own paypal first..............then sending it? rather than sending a direct payment, which will go straight from bank to my PP?

How did you get stung on Ebay buddy? 200k a year?

From experience myself < you will ALWAYS loose you ebay cases (9/10) they claim they are there to help, but there not.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 01:08:37 pm »
Thanks for the tips.

So could HE avoid it. by crediting his own paypal first..............then sending it? rather than sending a direct payment, which will go straight from bank to my PP?

How did you get stung on Ebay buddy? 200k a year?

From experience myself < you will ALWAYS loose you ebay cases (9/10) they claim they are there to help, but there not.

Yes if he credits his paypal account then send gift you can do without fees.

Not going to publicise how to commit paypal fraud on here, theres enough doing it currently  :fighting: its so easy to do tho and theres loads of people making a living from it, enough said  :fighting:

If your a high volume seller you get told how to limit the fraudulent cases (send evertything recorded mail!!!) and make sure you ONLY send to the address on paypal, anyone that claims for lost items when you have tracking automatically get blocked, they are just trying it on.
Dont accept paypal for anything that a courrier that the buyer arranges for you, another scam!.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14