Make a donation

Author Topic: Gauges advice please!  (Read 3744 times)

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
Re: Gauges advice please!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 04:55:16 pm »

hmm, mine sites dead on 0 so guess an unlucky few customers. you can always recalibrate like you said, when you said unaccurate I presumed you meant it woudn't display accurate boost readings when it is technically reading and displaying accurate readings only the needle isn't in the right place.

recalibrate the boost gauge and you have an accurate gauge again  :happy2: you're also in your right to request a new gauge if your not happy with it.  if you havn't found a solution or how to theres a guide here http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47467

Already done that before i installed it mate but after it being in the car for over a year its doesn't sit at zero again, Not complaining about it as i still love the gauge for it OEM feel but was merely adding there are more accurate gauges on the market.

Not having a personal dig just sharing what i have seen and read about people getting the same problem,

:happy2: I know mate, its cool - thats what this site is all about sharing opinions and experiences. Were did you get yours? if you got it from awsome i'd give them a call and say you're really not happy and they should send you a new one. I bought mine within the last few months or so so im wondering if there is a revised version and perhaps I got that. (makes sense if you bought yours a year ago) which means my previous comment is perhaps a bit redundant (if there first batch was dodgey because that probably does mean 90% of people had a problem  :signLOL:)

I agree, athestically the gauge is a beaut, so oem and I love the way it works with the dimmer, gets brighter when everything else does  :party:

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »
Thanks for the advice thus far guys. Between this place and VAGOC I've narrowed it down to Defi 52mm gauges in the centre vents

Those new south ones might be a good match for the Mk5 but I think they'd look out of place in an 8P

That P3cars one is nice tho :drool:

Now just need to decide if I go for red backlighting to match the centre console or white to match the dials

Keep the ideas coming, I'm by no means set on my plans so still looking for ideas
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »
Defi are by far the best quality.  Consider going 60mm as they will completely fill the air vent.  Done this on loads of TT's over the years.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 10:19:03 am »
Defi are by far the best quality.  Consider going 60mm as they will completely fill the air vent.  Done this on loads of TT's over the years.

I've been told that the fact they fill the vent is a reason to go for 52mm on VAGOC? Apparently it's a really tight squeeze and obv you lose functionality of the vent itself...

Anyhow you said you've done this before and you're listed as a trader? Where abouts are you based and what would be your charge for a supply and fit of a Defi Racer psi boost gauge and Defi Racer celcius oil temp gauge with white backlighting to the centre vents? 52mm
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+